paisley tele body options

vtpcnk

I think paisley looks cool. even the pink ones I gotta admit - but I would rather go for a light blue or a light green one.

does warmoth do a paisley finish?

I don't see many on ebay either.

what are the other options?

btw my tele neck fretboard is pau ferro - so appreciate other color suggestions as well.

appreciate the feedback.

I don't think I have ever seen a paisley-finished Warmoth. Though a few people have done their own finishes. Mayfly has a green paisley B-bender Tele, that, IIRC, was done with wallpaper. I seem to recall a pink paisley Tele somewhere on this board, as well.

For a Pau Ferro neck, I would consider red.

Everything they do finish wise is a dye or spray.  Even the racing stripes, competition stripes, and natural binding are still sprayed (or lack of) finishes.  Even the stuff from 10 years ago with masked flames and DBU's Burn unit are result of a combination of those things.  They have yet to do graphic type options.  Even the 8 ball thing I think is some kind of stencil and tape trickery.

There was talk a few years ago a fully custom finish shop that never happened.

vtpcnk said:
...what are the other options?

This guy is the "best" I have found. A couple years ago when I contacted him he was accepting bodies & necks if you wanted a paisley finish but his business has grown, I don't know if he still does that. His work is great but not vintage correct, meaning he doesn't do it exactly like Fender was doing it in the past.

http://www.marksoundguitars.com/products.html

thanks for the insights guys.

btw if I try a custom paint job, would it make more sense to use an already painted body or an unpainted body?

appreciate the feedback.

I do indeed have a green/gold paisley warmoth.    I applied he paper (gift wrapping paper), and Tonar did the rest.

BTW - Tonar did not really enjoy the experience, mostly because of the bumps I left in the paper after I applied it.

Here's the guitar

kashmir_web_full.jpg

mayfly, I actually remembered your body from long time back on this forum and when paisley first stuck me yours was my reference when I imagined a green shade. nice.

I checked with the custom painter for prices and he is quoting $600 upwards!!! why is it so expensive?

an allparts body is like 600 bucks!!!

btw was there a squier version a few years back? not sure if it was strat or tele.

I remember the squire version.  It was a tele and looked pretty good actually.

I do not have a link for you to follow, but if you find the Ebay seller, "The Stratosphere" they are a parts dealer that I have done business with in the past.
They do nothing but take whole guitars and part them out.  I know I have seen the pink and black paisley bodies on their site in the past. 
I can't remember for sure, but it seems like the bodies sell for in the $400ish range and they had big 15% off sale over the weekend.  If you watch them through the holiday, I am sure you will find parts on sale again.
Good luck &  :rock-on:

right, stratosphere is selling allparts paisley body for 400 odd. and normally they have 10% off sales often.

but that body is only in pink.

how good is allparts?

and btw the mango design (like a skewed teardrop) on the pink body in the fender japan site, it is a common design found on indian sarees. wonder if that is where it came from.

you can see the design on this saree :

http://www.indianfashiontrend.com/Gold-Yellow-Net-Designer-Indian-Party-Wear-Saree-p-3884.html#page=description

or

http://www.kalkifashion.com/scarlet-red-saree-embellished-in-thread-embroidery-only-on-kalki-13040.html

vtpcnk said:
right, stratosphere is selling allparts paisley body for 400 odd. and normally they have 10% off sales often.

but that body is only in pink.

how good is allparts?

AllParts doesn't make anything; they're a distributor. Any bodies/necks you see are most likely Mighty Mite parts.

Yes, I see the Allparts stamp right in the neck pocket and the description reads, "Official Fender Licensed (by All Parts) Pink Paisley Telecaster Body."
I know I have seen the Black Paisley Tele bodies on there several times and I am pretty sure they are MIM...

Back