Padouk vs Bubinga vs Wenge

riverbluff

Just from looking through the showcase I notice that Bubinga necks are not as numerous as Padouk or Wenge.  How are the Bubinga necks compared to the other two, or canary?  I have looked on the Warmoth site and read through the wood discriptions and I have seen from looking over the posts on this board that Wenge seems to be very popular.  Just haven't seen much said about Bubinga.

BT

I just got a canary neck and it is absolutely the best neck I have ever played. The wood is smooth and sultry and I can see it getting better over time. For what it matters, I would recommend it...

My second Warmoth will be an all-Canary neck!

But Stormbringer, where did you get your nickname? I wanted that one, but you were first!  :sad1:
:icon_biggrin:

artnaz said:

And I am considering one my 7th! :) either that or an all-Pau Ferro..
one thing is sure, I can't stop until I have tried all exotic woods for a neck  :laughing7:

m4rk0 said:
artnaz said:

And I am considering one my 7th! :) either that or an all-Pau Ferro..
one thing is sure, I can't stop until I have tried all exotic woods for a neck  :laughing7:
yeah, I had the sam idea, BUT!!!

they only offer so much as exotics for angled headstocks! I'm left with bubinga, which is, imo, 'not pretty', wenge and padouk. I believe canary too, but I dont like that one aswell. So, this project will have a wenge neck, and a padouk neck. oh, yeah, its TWO projects at the same time. I have too much hardware (tuners, bridges, etc etc) and I just HAVE to build a gutiar around it, not? it would be  a shame to see that stuff go to waste...

oh jeah, the stock for pau ferro neck backs are almost depleted, so: be fast!

Back