Ordered my stuff

chuck7

Well, I have been looking at the Warmoth site/catalog sense I was in highschool, and I finally ordered the parts to assemble my own guitar.  I just discovered this site today, and I thought I would give you guys the details of what Im building and see what you think.

Body:
Chambered LPS Mahogany body with carved Flame Maple top (apparently they are not doing quilted maple right now due to materials and parts issues)
Finished in Fire burst with transparent red back and natural mask binding with lip over. 
Routed for a Seymour Duncan P-90 Stack in the bridge and SD P-90 Vintage in the neck.
Gotoh 510 bridge
2 concentric pots for independent tone and volume on each pickup with a standard 3 way selector switch
3 way on/on/on mini toggle for series/parallel/split on the stack in the bridge
Planet Waves multi point jack.
All hardware in gold

Neck:
Warmoth Pro with Warmoth head stock, Padouk with Ziricote finger board, no inlays, bound in perloid with nickle frets (cant do stainless on bound necks)
Schaller Locking tuners

So, what do you guys think?

eh....

Seriously, cool sounding build, but expect to catch flak over the bridge. Not from me, though.

I know the standard Tune-o-matic would have been a more traditional way to go with the bridge, but I really like the clean look of the Gotoh 510.  It wont leave the house much, so only my wife would get a chance to give me flack, and she dosn't know the difference :)

chuck7 said:
I know the standard Tune-o-matic would have been a more traditional way to go with the bridge, but I really like the clean look of the Gotoh 510.  It wont leave the house much, so only my wife would get a chance to give me flack, and she dosn't know the difference :)

What I meant was there is a general disdain for the Gotoh 510 from many members of the forum, primarily because of the design. Granted, it's not the easiest to work with, and of course, Jimi never used one, but I think it's a great unit, vintage mojo notwithstanding.

looks a lot like mine!!

03032008115.jpg

quilt top, fireburst
chambered mahogany back
padouk neck
ebony board

and oh boy, I lovvveeee this one! cant wait to see your guitar!

wow, that looks outstanding.  I wish I could have gotten the quilt top, but flame looks good too.  I almost ordered an ebony fretboard, but sense I decided not to get any neck inlays, I thought something with a more pronounced grain would make the neck pop a little more. 

Hey Chuck, welcome!  Sounds like you are cooking up a killer build there, man.  I too have browsed Warmoth catalogs since I was in high school!  I guess one of the perks of getting older is you can finally do what you like, like build some custom guitars!  Good luck man, and we of course will be awaiting some pics! 

Back