Opps & another Box

Updown

Gee & I forgot all about this until it turned up the other day.  :icon_jokercolor:

:eek:  Holy Crap  :eek: ….. WOW  :blob7:  WOW  :blob7:  WOW  :blob7:

Strat Body
Solid Alder
High Grade Quilt Maple Top
Rear Rout
Contoured Heel
Recessed TOM - Angled Strings
Black Dye Top
Black Gloss Back
(Note in the pic's it says) …..  Black Dye / Trans Black / Black Edges

Either way looks bloody great  :icon_thumright:

Added a few pic's & in some of these (have a close look  :glasses9: ) you would think it's been Chiselled / Routed / Carved into the Top woodwork.

It just looks  :glasses9:  so amazingly intriguing & mesmerising looking  :glasses9:  into it, pure quality if ya ask me !!

Can see where there is a little that doesn't line up in the middle at the bottom of the body.
(Shows up more in the pic's than in real life, thou)

All I can add to this is it's having a GK-3 internal install & some Bare Knuckle Pickups …. Mule (N)  Abraxas (B)
This is the body I thought the Raw Pau-Ferro neck (I got last week with the Red Strat) would go with.
But still undecided as to what body with that neck.

Will let ya know when things get going.

Ummm …  :icon_scratch:  might just have to send DangerousR6 some more work his way.

Now just gotta  .....  stay away from the showcase, for a while. 

Anyway here she is …. Cheers

43b8e709.jpg

70f9521d.jpg

74eda4f8.jpg

7c831517.jpg

ab79919a.jpg

a572a54d.jpg

99326140.jpg

3a8cf37c.jpg

a9745de6.jpg

9176339b.jpg

9e94975a.jpg

d0a353fb.jpg

fdbc5433.jpg

4db7c772.jpg

c876c535.jpg

37aa3124.jpg

bfc67247.jpg

Was thinking this Neck out of #2 box here  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17159.0 the Raw Pau Ferro with Ebony fretboard.

That's going to be a hell of nice guitar. That's a really unique finish - and I mean in a good way! :glasses10:

Besides all that, Warmoth are probably going to want to make you a director soon - you just about own their entire inventory now   :laughing7:

Man someone (wife, girlfriend, crazy hobo who sees you with all your nice guitars) is gonna wanna kill you :p. I wish I could drop dimes like that, I would be in heaven!

All of these are beautiful guitars.

Another beauty, Updown - congratulations!

Also, thanks for helping empty the showcase of these fine works - more room for drool fodder to replace them.  :laughing7:

Looks like something I would build! Good man :icon_thumright:

Thanks all  :icon_biggrin:

Some classic comments left by some...

ORCRiST said:
Needs a Floyd.
:icon_scratch:  how on earth am I gunna put a Floyd on a Body with TOM- Angled strings ... beats me !

Mr. Dude said:
Holy quilted maple Batman!
:laughing3:  :laughing3:
Still rolling on the floor in laughter  :toothy12:

ihavenothingprofoundtosay said:
Also, thanks for helping empty the showcase of these fine works - more room for drool fodder to replace them.  :laughing7:
:laughing3: :laughing3:
Still can't get up, off the floor  :toothy12:

AprioriMark said:
I approve 100%.  Amazing piece, that body.
-Mark
Corey P. said:
That top looks like silk - gorgeous!
Yep sure is just a beauty

Thanks to all that I haven't quoted also, for your comments.  :icon_thumright:

Sorry about all the pic's, but thought it deserved some close up ones, is just amazing to look at  :glasses9:
Cheers  :eek:ccasion14: Have a top weekend all.

sweet. really cool to see a tune-o-matic on a body like that. this reminds me a bit of an ibanez SZ for that reason. Nice change of pace. We actually don't see too many guitars of any kind with TOM bridges on the boards do we?

dNA said:
sweet. really cool to see a tune-o-matic on a body like that. this reminds me a bit of an ibanez SZ for that reason. Nice change of pace. We actually don't see too many guitars of any kind with TOM bridges on the boards do we?

That's probably because they're notoriously sloppy due to their flimsy mounting scheme and poor machining and/or casting, and are too often the failure points for strings. Not to mention being a pain in the ass to intonate at setup. I wouldn't use one.

But, people use deficient hardware all the time, so... who knows? Although, substantially more people build Strats and similar guitars that traditionally don't use TOMs anyway, so that may be part of it.

Back