one extra option you wish warmoth had

vtpcnk

for me it would be a neck through body option with variable wings.

so you could buy a single neck through body and have all kinds of wings options - strat, tele, jazzmaster, les paul, sg, v etc.

ofcourse then warmoth would need the expertise to bind them together.

or maybe the gluing can be done by anybody with a bit of instruction? is it easier than binding a neck to the body?

if there was any way that the wings could be detached and reattached wouldn't that be totally cool?

so you can have a set of different wings and use the current body type that suits your mood.

a neck-thru body would be in total opposition to the W business model of crafting Fender 'replacement' parts (sure, they do other parts as well but the Fender licensed parts are the foundation of their business)

I'd really like to see an option for graphite stiffening bars in their necks. for a bass neck this would reduce the neck weight by over 1/2 pound. utilize a graphite stiffened neck with a set of Hipshot Ultralights instead of stock Schallers and you just saved yourself over a POUND of unnecessary neck weight

all the best,

R

More neck contour options! The way USA Custom does it, where you can choose both a profile AND a size makes a lot of sense to me - say you want a large "soft"  V, both Warmoth and USA can do the "boatneck" but if you want the same contour smaller you're out of luck here. Or if you want a "U" shape (big shoulders), it's just not available. There's no choice at all on baritones, bass necks, Mustang/Jaguars....
I understand they've got their business model which worked so well that can't hire employees fast enough, but to paraphrase Bobby Z., the business models are a-gonna be changin'.... :guitaristgif:

Bone nuts!

Partial lined fretless

Different contour and radius options for bass necks.

Exotic wood options for the "total vintage" Strat necks (Is this a ridiculous request?)

I'd like it if they had online ordering for everything - since I'm anti-social and all. :laughing7:

line6man said:
Exotic wood options for the "total vintage" Strat necks (Is this a ridiculous request?)
Yes. It is ridiculous. Vintage Strat Necks aren't exotic.

335. Carved top Tele.

Max said:
line6man said:
Yes. It is ridiculous. Vintage Strat Necks aren't exotic.

Yeah, but Warmoth doesn't offer the same specs in the Pro necks that they do with the total vintage necks...  :sad:

Yeah, I'm with Max.  335 would be sweet.

Rickenbacker shapes would be great too, but since we already had the discussion about how that would not be possible.  Though, I guess if this is our total fantasy option, that would be mine.  Especially because there are a number of custom things I would want if I had a Ric, I would probably never get one off the shelf.  I just think they look awesome. 

hannaugh said:
Yeah, I'm with Max.  335 would be sweet.

Rickenbacker shapes would be great too, but since we already had the discussion about how that would not be possible.  Though, I guess if this is our total fantasy option, that would be mine.  Especially because there are a number of custom things I would want if I had a Ric, I would probably never get one off the shelf.  I just think they look awesome. 
I like how the Ric basses look, mostly. I also like John Lennon's Ric, but I'm not a huge fan of their guitars mostly.

Ric's can rock (though she probably didn't use one for this song hehehe  :laughing7: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbxRu7fwR24

different Ric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpKjmNaJpQ

I like this bass.  They have one at the GC near me, and I drool every time I see it:

rickenbacker.jpg

I would get a Warmoth guitar with this shape in a heartbeat too:

rickenbacker-620-6-string-electric-guitar.jpg

There is something about them that is so mod looking.  I just think they're cool. 

stubhead said:
More neck contour options! The way USA Custom does it, where you can choose both a profile AND a size makes a lot of sense to me - say you want a large "soft"  V, both Warmoth and USA can do the "boatneck" but if you want the same contour smaller you're out of luck here. Or if you want a "U" shape (big shoulders), it's just not available. There's no choice at all on baritones, bass necks, Mustang/Jaguars....
I understand they've got their business model which worked so well that can't hire employees fast enough, but to paraphrase Bobby Z., the business models are a-gonna be changin'.... :guitaristgif:

Yep. That's why I had USACG build my neck...

hannaugh said:
I like this bass.  They have one at the GC near me, and I drool every time I see it:

rickenbacker.jpg

I would get a Warmoth guitar with this shape in a heartbeat too:

rickenbacker-620-6-string-electric-guitar.jpg

There is something about them that is so mod looking.  I just think they're cool. 

Rickenbackers kick ass!  I know - I wore out a couple.

'course, almost every other guitar kicks ass as well... except maybe the breadwiner...  :laughing7:

Back