Do you guys save your MSN conversations or something?  :icon_scratch:
It seems like they do :tard:
Hope Joseph didn't save any of the conversations with me :tard:

Big V - AKA "The other guy from Norway" said:
ErogenousJones said:
It seems like they do :tard:
Hope Joseph didn't save any of the conversations with me :tard:

I only save conversations that are hilarious or absurd.

Mark's balloon story, for example. :blob7:
Far too graphic and bizarre for this forum. :tard:

ErogenousJones said:

I use Trillian and it auto-logs conversations.  I've just never turned it off, though I generally only post non-personal comments or things I've asked the other party if they're ok.  Not like Joey lately, lol.

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
ErogenousJones said:

I use Trillian and it auto-logs conversations.  I've just never turned it off, though I generally only post non-personal comments or things I've asked the other party if they're ok.  Not like Joey lately, lol.

-Mark
Perhaps I should have asked Nando if he wanted that posted or not, but OTOH though, we all know the rule of the internet... There is no privacy.

I just thought it was hilarious that Nando IMs me this morning out of nowhere to talk about Billy's pants. :blob7:
Had to be posted!

But fine, if you guys don't want me posting stuff, I'll stop doing it.

line6man said:
AprioriMark said:
ErogenousJones said:

-Mark
Perhaps I should have asked Nando if he wanted that posted or not, but OTOH though, we all know the rule of the internet... There is no privacy.

I just thought it was hilarious that Nando IMs me this morning out of nowhere to talk about Billy's pants. :blob7:
Had to be posted!

Did Fernando OK the text of that conversation to be put up on the forum? I mean , he probably thought he was having a private chat with you...

OzziePete said:
line6man said:
AprioriMark said:
ErogenousJones said:

-Mark

Had to be posted!

Did Fernando OK the text of that conversation to be put up on the forum? I mean , he probably thought he was having a private chat with you...

I did not, but I've apologized if he was upset that I posted it.

I deleted the post, and the next time I talk to Victor, I'll have him delete his quoting of that post.

line6man said:
OzziePete said:
line6man said:
AprioriMark said:
ErogenousJones said:

-Mark

Had to be posted!

I deleted the post, and the next time I talk to Victor, I'll have him delete his quoting of that post.
Done, I respect privacy :icon_thumright:

Big V - AKA "The other guy from Norway" said:
line6man said:
OzziePete said:
line6man said:
AprioriMark said:
ErogenousJones said:

-Mark

Had to be posted!

Done, I respect privacy :icon_thumright:

There, now everyone can stop crying.  :eek:ccasion14:

I don't think quoting conversations is a huge deal, I generally only do it if it's obviously absurd or inane and I know the person wouldn't mind, or else I ask.  Also, in the grand scheme of things, who cares?  You learn who you can trust with what in RL conversations, too. 

-Mark

P.S.  I'm still jealous Joey got that POD for so cheap... that's an awesome piece of memorabilia.  I would put it on a pedestal next to the pop tab art for sure.

I didn't mean to suggest that Joey's quoting IM conversations was impolite or in any way a big deal. It's just that I don't save my conversations and was wondering if that made me weird.  :laughing7:

ErogenousJones said:
I didn't mean to suggest that Joey's quoting IM conversations was impolite or in any way a big deal. It's just that I don't save my conversations and was wondering if that made me weird.  :laughing7:

No, I don't think so. I don't even have IM conversations, but if I did, I wouldn't save them. I don't even save 99.9% of my email - it goes right in the bit bucket. Unless there's some factual information in it that I might want to refer to later (addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, invoices, etc.), which is almost never, what would I do with all those saved emails? For the number I get, I'd need a data storage silo that would make Google jealous just to store all the crap I'd never refer to again.

AprioriMark said:
P.S.  I'm still jealous Joey got that POD for so cheap... that's an awesome piece of memorabilia.  I would put it on a pedestal next to the pop tab art for sure.

I'm trying to figure out where it's going to go. It will probably go on my downstairs coffee table. I don't care whether that's an odd place for it or not. I do strange things like that all the time :blob7:
For example, I've pretty much turned my downstairs kitchen into a giant mess of circuit boards, components that I'm sorting through, and various pieces of paper with scribbled out formulas and schematics covered in potato chip grease. I still haven't unpacked the garage since I moved into this house in February, so the downstairs kitchen has become my workbench.  LOL. It looks ridiculous when people visit, but I don't care.

OTOH, perhaps I need to make sure this POD looks classy, and not like some random piece of junk like I have lying around all over the place.
I might buy a little plastic display box for it, like this:
brickner_2044_1531293

I reckon it will look pretty good if I put the POD and letter of authenticity in a display box.
Luckily, I still have a POD mounting kit that I can put the POD on,  which will be perfect for displaying it, because it will sit up at a 45 degree angle.

ErogenousJones said:

No, like I said, I don't usually save a conversation unless it's hilarious and quote-worthy, or completely ridiculous.

What I posted was two different IM conversations.
The first one I had saved from a conversation days before, because I thought it was really funny.
The second one I didn't save at all, I just copied and pasted it from the conversation.

Cagey said:
ErogenousJones said:
I didn't mean to suggest that Joey's quoting IM conversations was impolite or in any way a big deal. It's just that I don't save my conversations and was wondering if that made me weird.  :laughing7:

No, I don't think so. I don't even have IM conversations, but if I did, I wouldn't save them. I don't even save 99.9% of my email - it goes right in the bit bucket. Unless there's some factual information in it that I might want to refer to later (addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, invoices, etc.), which is almost never, what would I do with all those saved emails? For the number I get, I'd need a data storage silo that would make Google jealous just to store all the crap I'd never refer to again.

What?

I save all my emails, except for spam, but every six months or so, I try to erase a good 500 emails that don't need to be kept any longer.

Ok, I just heard from the seller...
He's going to see Billy today to get that autograph/letter of authenticity!

We were expecting this would take a little while, because Billy's a busy man and the seller didn't know if he was even in town this week.

line6man said:
Ok, I just heard from the seller...
He's going to see Billy today to get that autograph/letter of authenticity!

We were expecting this would take a little while, because Billy's a busy man and the seller didn't know if he was even in town this week.
The waiting makes it cooler :guitarplayer2:

Billy has officially autographed the POD, and provided a letter of authenticity!
The seller is shipping it out today! :icon_biggrin:

Reply from Billy Sheehan:

Dear Joseph,
He was at my house today--I signed it in silver paint-pen, and wrote "My Pod" on it.
I'm very glad the Pod is going to you, Joseph--I'm the same way towards things that mean a lot to me. We think alike!
 Let me know how you like it when you get it---It does sound great!
Your Friend,
  Billy

:headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Your item was processed through and left our SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383 facility on July 23, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

:icon_biggrin:

Strangely, Santa Clarita is 20 miles northwest of North Hollywood, and I'm southeast of North Hollywood. :icon_scratch:
USPS is weird like that sometimes.

Wow! The package came today! Totally awesome! :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Pictures:
The package. (Shipping label blurred out.  :icon_tongue:)
4824461653_d34649b7a7_b.jpg

Billy's Lettter of authenticity, complete with spelling error. LOL!
4825072180_0ab242105d_b.jpg

POD and power supply, all wrapped up.
4825073808_c297f86681_b.jpg

The POD and power supply! :icon_biggrin:
4824465523_64f53b3b52_b.jpg

Picture of the POD with flash. A few "battle scars" are evident. :icon_biggrin:
4824469625_7d422cd80e_b.jpg

Close up on the signature.
4824470483_da487d8176_b.jpg

Power supply. I'm glad he wrote POD on it, because I've got a million of these Line6 power supplies on hand and don't ever want to mix his up with one of mine!
4825082044_bc8e067c77_b.jpg

And finally, the shot of everything:
4824516145_c0261b30e7_b.jpg

Back