ok - what's the real scoop on guitar fetish pickups

Yeah that's one thing about GFS:  customer service consists of an email address.  They do respond to their email but there is nothing like being able to talk to someone on the phone...

tfarny said:
I think choosing pickups for guitars is mostly guesswork anyhow.

Miamiv.jpg

"I think choosing pickups for guitars is mostly guesswork anyhow. "

"You got that shit right, man, that's the clean trute!"

I have 2 sets of GFS pup, one set of hot hex overwound hums and a set of Loud mouths. And have no issues with either.... :icon_thumright:

remember when you had to buy a guitar and use the pickups that came with it? back then you didnt chose your sound you bought gear and that was your sound, how did people live?

Dan025 said:
remember when you had to buy a guitar and use the pickups that came with it? back then you didnt chose your sound you bought gear and that was your sound, how did people live?

LOL! I sure do. The only reason to replace a pickup was if you screwed it up somehow so it wouldn't work anymore, because about the only pickups you could buy were OEM replacements. I remember when a local repair shop - "Pyramid Guitars" - came out with an aftermarket pickup in the mid '70s sometime, we thought that was just bizarre. It was a high-output humbucker with rail-type poles. A buddy of mine was one of the first guys to get one, which we put in his Les Paul. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Did that thing ever scream! It would overdrive the snot out of our Fender amps, which didn't have master volumes at the time. Goodbye, Maestro fuzz pedal, hello raucous overdriven tone! Then everybody had to have one.

Suposedly that's why Iommi is an SG guy.  A pickup broke on his Strat, and there was no such thing as a replacement pickup, only a new guitar.  So he played his backup, an SG.  The rest is history.

I may have read that on here.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Suposedly that's why Iommi is an SG guy.  A pickup broke on his Strat, and there was no such thing as a replacement pickup, only a new guitar.  So he played his backup, an SG.  The rest is history.

I may have read that on here.

I think I read that in Guitar World once.

Back