Ok lets see if the videos will show up now.

Alfang said:
nathan a said:
Sad(?) but true isn't it? My girlfriend is usually willing to listen while I explain woods and construction methods and wiring etc. But I think it kinda goes in one ear and out the other.  :doh:

LOL funny how that works, Women want you to listen to them and understand and all that, but if you try to talk to them in our language, or whatever "Mans" hobby you might have, in one ear and out the other.

nathan a you nailed it

Alfang you sound like you've got your own share of experience in the matter.

But wait, aren't guitarists supposed to be sexy?? Whatever happened to hordes of girls screaming for us to take our shirts off?

Hey man, thanks for adding me to your friends on MySpace. 

So, is the only Warmoth part of that kickass guitar the neck?  Or are more parts of it (or the rest of it) from Warmoth as well?

GearBoxTy said:
Hey man, thanks for adding me to your friends on MySpace. 

So, is the only Warmoth part of that kickass guitar the neck?  Or are more parts of it (or the rest of it) from Warmoth as well?

Yeah it's just the neck. It's an american fender body got off ebay also the pickguard. I wanted to try a warmoth neck before I went all out on a full warmoth. I have two more guitars in mind, full warmoths. The first is a V-2 with a KWS neck. The second would be a hot rodded strat like a charvel or a fender HM strat. I really like all maple necks and fret boards. On My warmoth V i'm planning would anybody have an idea on how to make an all maple neck sound heavy enough for deathmetal? I'm only going warmoth from now on for sure.

Yea, I have yet to build my own Warmoth guitar.  All I've ever got from them is pickgurds, knobs, and electronics.  I suck!

Mine will be traditional strats, teles, a fretless j-bass, then some hotrod strats and maybe a mockingbird!  I want so much.  Seems like it will be only Warmoth for me from now on as well!

I have no idea what impact an all maple neck would have on sound for Death Metal.

From what I've heard of current "heavy" or "death" metal, I'd think any tonal characteristic of the wood other than sustain would be kinda lost given the effect arrays usually used. Just pick out a neck that feels good to play and insert high output pickups....

DIMEBUCKER  :party07:  i can't wait until the day i can try this out. then i might give 3 shits about guitar.  until then its straight bass and tonic for me.

jackthehack said:
From what I've heard of current "heavy" or "death" metal, I'd think any tonal characteristic of the wood other than sustain would be kinda lost given the effect arrays usually used. Just pick out a neck that feels good to play and insert high output pickups....

I play deathmetal but i still like a clean gain, but need punch. By the way in all my video clips your hearing a fender amp with no pedals or nothing, just strait in. It's a fender m 80.

i like a nice tube distortion my self, subtle for bass and balls to the wall with guitar. sounds great. and thats why i want a dimebucker to get heavy saturation.

Back