Oh no, not again!

rauchman

Was just looking at the W site, and it looks like there might be a repeat of old postings being listed again?  If not, ....woohoo!!!!!

rauchman said:
Was just looking at the W site, and it looks like there might be a repeat of old postings being listed again?  If not, ....woohoo!!!!!

Yep, just saw the same thing.

Take a chance to ask , I wish they have made more of those:  :eek:ccasion14:

T6741a.jpg

mp705a.jpg

VIPP372A.jpg

Website is back in biz. Same problem as before. It's fixed, but we still don't know why it's happening.

Ugh.

The Aaron said:
Website is back in biz. Same problem as before. It's fixed, but we still don't know why it's happening.

Ugh.
NSA...big brother is always watching... :laughing11:

The Aaron said:

Ugh.

There is a disturbance in the Force

The Aaron said:

Ugh.

There's a weird database rule that's kicking your butt.  If you've got a change log, or better still revision control, look at the most recent change.  I bet that's it.

Mayfly said:
There's a weird database rule that's kicking your butt.  If you've got a change log, or better still revision control, look at the most recent change.  I bet that's it.

Been there and back again. Still can't find it.

We are sorely vexed.

You might be too close to the code. Some fresh eyes might see something you keep glossing over because it makes perfect sense to you, especially if you had a hand in writing it. Lord knows I've looked at old code of my own and wondered what the hell I was thinking about  :laughing7:

Probably not the answer, but I've seen wonky hard drives and memory modules do some weird things.

The Aaron said:
Mayfly said:

Been there and back again. Still can't find it.

We are sorely vexed.

Perhaps there is a bug in some of the software being used. For example it may be getting triggered as the database has grown and not reared its head before.

I remember that happened at a Tech message board I used to frequent. The problem didn't show up for quite some time, as its cause ended up being a the use of a variable type that wasn't large enough to hold some values once they got over a certain point (int vs. longint). Message or thread count or something, I don't remember, but once it got over 32,767, it wanted to roll over.

I bet doctors really hate having other doctors as patients.  They'll figure it out.

I know they aren't thrilled with people who spend too much time on the internet :laughing7:

Cagey said:
I know they aren't thrilled with people who spend too much time on the internet :laughing7:

I want to get to a point I do spend less time on it or less time on computers at work...

Back