Oh, guess what, IT'S TIME!

FirebirdFloyd

Today I did it. After four years of planning and replanning, changing, and changing back, at 5:20pm (my time) I finally started my dream guitar. This tone machine, (The Blackbird) is a Strat/Firebird hybrid that, if these endless calculations are correct, will just drip tone. Picture a reverse CBS Strat neck with block inlay on a black Firebird body, Floyd's marvelous trem, a vintage PAF in the bridge and Tele neck pickup in the neck slot, white/black/white pickguard, and you'll see what I'm getting at. Today I ordered the neck, pickguard and back trem cover, and I'm counting the days til it comes. When It does, I'm taking so many pictures to post. I don't planning on sleeping til then either...
Cheers,
Floyd

Welcome to the forum!  :eek:ccasion14:

Congrats with your new baby, but you'll get the cheers you're expecting after post some pictures  :laughing7: We have a motto here: "pics or it doesn't exist"  :toothy12:

NonsenseTele said:
Welcome to the forum!  :eek:ccasion14:

Congrats with your new baby, but you'll get the cheers you're expecting after post some pictures  :laughing7:We have a motto here: "pics or it doesn't exist"  :toothy12:
As with many boards.

This should be a sweet build.

Hey thanks for the congrats,
it really does feel awesome,
and yes, there will be pics to prove its existance, ASAP
Cheers till then.
                  Floyd

You may have seen these on the Just out of the Box page, but I just needed to throw them up here to. (It's like being a new dad; everyone's gotta know.)
I woke this mornig to find it just waiting for me, and I've never been happier.
It's perfect.

Ok, Yesterday was a good day.
Got home and my second Warmoth order was waiting for me, (and I didn't trip over it!)
The OFR that came coupled with my StewMAc arrivals of last week and I am in buisiness, because now the project ACTUALLY starts.
Construction pics to follow.
Floyd

Welcome aboard!  Sounds like an awsome guitar.  Be carful though...  Warmoth is like crack, just much more expensive!

V/R
Bill

I'm back ladies!!!
Here's the latest update, with pics!!!
Tomorrow it gets mailed off to the great auto/guitar artist, Sani, who The Duke, (My father), persuaded to come out of retirement.
This cat practically invented the tecqnique of ghosting in auto painting, so we know he's good.
The electronics havent been put in this picture, but they'll be a Golden Age PAF in the Bridge and a Wilkinson Tele in the neck.
Cheers

Hum, so what color you're going to finish it?

The routes are not very good, you should practice more on it and use jigs, to accurate them :icon_thumright:

:)

SHE IS DONE!!!!!!
I got her back on Friday, and although my final exams start Monday,
I HAVENT STOPPED PLAYING THIS MAGNIFICENT BEAST SINCE!!!
I am the happiest a man could be,
The feel is great, it plays better than in my dreams, (it sustains for days) and thanks to the Floyd, it never drops tune (goes without saying, but I cant stop shouting my joy)
The finish & graphic are absolutely perfect, thanks to Sani, and it's the talk of the campus,
Just wait she hits the stage next,
Thanks Warmoth and everyone else for making "the Blackbird" a reality!

Check her out

Nice, I like the JD sticker.....
pint.gif

Back