November 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

Hello all, SORRY WE'RE LATE!  Had limited internet connection for a few days, yadda yadda.  But there IS going to be a contest this month. 

We're now announcing the November, 2013 Guitar of the Month contest!  November's contest will be "Owner Finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is November's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from November 5th until November 12th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, all discussion for the submissions can take place below, along with other pictures hosted by the poster.

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by Vai777

BODY: Warmoth Chambered Black Korina Body which I hand finished in a Carnauba/Beeswax/Bore Oil mix.

NECK: One Piece Warmoth Rosewood Neck "lefty" standard thin 10-16" that I fretted with Jescar FW58118 Super Jumbo wire.

TUNERS: Vintage style Gotoh

ELECTRONICS: Dimarzio BC-1 in the neck, Dimarzio Chopper in the middle and a Dimarzio BC-2 in the bridge.

PICKGUARD: Wenge wood.

Bridge: Fender Highway 1 "narrow' vintage style 6 hole.

warmoth1.jpg

warmoth2.jpg

Guitar #2 by line6man

Homemade scratch built body, consisting of a Curly Black Walnut solidbody core, 3/8" Figured Pomelle Bubinga laminate top, and 1/8" Curly Maple accent line. Stratocaster style shape, with HSH pickup routing, recessed Schaller Floyd, one volume, one tone, and two pickup selector switches. Black hardware, including a custom neckplate by DangerousR6. The control cavity cover matches the lam top and accent line.

Warmoth Indian Rosewood neck with Macassar Ebony fretboard. Stratocaster headstock, SS6150 frets, no inlay, standard thin contour, Floyd nut and Schaller tuners.

7133783071_314fe5c641_b.jpg

7133777749_182e1d47c7_b.jpg

Bass #3 by Dolando

Deluxe Jazz Bass 5 string

Body - Deluxe 5 Jazz

Owner Finished with Tru-oil
Swamp Ash with zebra wood top
Contoured Heel
Rear Routed
Zebra wood control cavity cover

Neck - Deluxe 5 4+1

Owner Finished with Tru-oil (peghead veneer only)
Wenge Shaft wood
Ebony fingerboard
Zebra wood peghead veneer
Graphtech BlackTUSQ nut
Stainless steel frets (SS6150)
Mother of Pearl block inlays
Neck bushings

Hardware (Black)

Hipshot A style bridge 17.5mm string spacing (string through)
Hipshot O-ring knobs
Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
Hipshot 2 string and 3 string retainers
Schaller Strap locks

Electronics

Nordstrand MM5.4 bridge pickup
Nordstrand NJ5S neck pickup with custom 17.5mm bridge string spacing, in a 4 string neck pickup size
Nordstrand 3b-4b 3 band EQ preamp
3 way selector switch for parallel/single/series humbucker switching

DeluxeJazz5Front.jpg

DeluxeJazz5Back.jpg

Guitar #4 by Ddbltrbl

Body:
Alder Musiclander

Self-added contoured heel

finished with Tru-Oil

Wilkinson Trem
Zexcoils Signature Set pickups
Neck & Bridge Coil splits with fader for Middle
5-way switch

Spalted Maple pickup rings

Neck:
Warhead, Modern Vintage

One-piece Macassar Ebony
1 5/8" black Earvana nut

59 round back, SS6150 fretwire
Mini Schaller Locking Tuners

AldercationA.jpg

AldercationB.jpg

Guitar #5 by ZGOZZ

Body Alder  Warmoth

•  Neck Maple  Warmoth Pro

•  Floyd Rose Original

•  EVH Frankenstein Humbucker

•  EVH Custom Low Friction 500K Potentiometer

•  FU-Tone parts list

•  32mm Brass "L" Sustain Block

•  PMS! Pickup Mounting System

•  Titanium String Lock Blocks

•  Tremol- no  system.

•  Sperzel Trim-Lok Guitar Machines

CSPYB2013-4b4.jpg

CSPYB2013-6b6.jpg

Guitar #6 by dmraco

Alder Body with Zebrawood top
GOTOH hardware
Guitar Fetish VEH pickups

WARMOTH Vintage Modern neck
Standard thin
SS frets
Pau Ferrau Board
Birds Eye Maple.

TriBurst Finish applied by me

front.jpg

75F9AFC8_zpsae1ef468.jpg

Guitar #7 by Great Ape

Quilt maple on swamp ash; wood-burned and dyed
Neck: bird's-eye maple, rosewood fretboard, 6150 frets, MoP dots, ivoroid bound, stnd thin
Gotoh tuners, Gotoh vintage style bridge, Q-parts bone knobs
Seymour Duncan vintage P-90's

P8270537.jpg

P8270536.jpg

Guitar #8 by Wolfie351

Body: White limba core with redwood top

Neck: Warmoth "Screamin' Deal" Vintage Modern, flame maple, quartersawn

Finish: Owner finished Tru-Oil (body & neck)

Electronics: SD Full Shred (bridge & neck), JackPot vol, push/pull tone

wolfie351a.jpg

wolfie351c.jpg

Has my submission been received? (I have had issues with emails not sending, in the past, and I want to be sure my submission will show up this time.)

Yes, we have received it, and all looks good.  I will be posting the entries tomorrow. 

Sounds like an acknowledgement procedure needs to be instituted for entries if the posting of entries is going to happen after the deadline has passed.

sduck said:
Sounds like an acknowledgement procedure needs to be instituted for entries if the posting of entries is going to happen after the deadline has passed.
But that would take all the fun out of it .......  :icon_biggrin:

Gee and I thought it would be easy to pick one out of the 8 entered ......... NOT SO    :doh:
Couple have had my vote before.

That last one  :eek:  looks like a polished bit of furniture  :icon_thumright:

All beauties and best of luck to all.  :headbang:

Now to study ALL these a little closer, over the next few days, before anyone gets my vote.

You clowns didn't make it easy this month.  *sigh*  Time to spend some time ogling some sexy guitars and contemplating which one I'd most want on my lap...  It's a hard life.

Back