November 2012 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions (13 entries)

DMRACO said:
tylereot said:
Spectacular, every one! 
My dillemma is whether to vote for the builder, or vote for the great work Warmoth does.

interesting comment.  Only three have the finish by owner (I think), Doug, Grey, and myself.  The scary thing is the members of the board (not just these) are getting so good it is often hard to tell!!!  If it were not of the uniqueness of the three pieces (I do not think W will ever make a BAD A$$ Billy!!!) it would be impossible.
It wouldn't be "impossible" for them to do it. I actually had talked to them about making it at first, but they need a full scale drawing. And the place I had make it did so with just the .DXF drawing I created... :icon_biggrin:

This may be the best looking overall group of guitars entered in my history of following this forum.  Creative craftsmanship, unique designs and beautiful woods- complete GAS. Well done to all of the enteries! Gonna be a really tough choice.

The Black Beast, looks a killer guitar  :party07:

When I look at each months GOTM entries, even thou they are all different persons thoughts and works of art.  :hello2:
I always imagine them as one person's collection, and what a collection that would be, each and every month. 

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  WOW WOW WOW

Great work all  :headbang:

Updown said:
When I look at each months GOTM entries, even thou they are all different persons thoughts and works of art.  :hello2:
I always imagine them as one person's collection, and what a collection that would be, each and every month. 

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  WOW WOW WOW

Great work all  :headbang:
+1 What a wonderful collection that would be!!  :icon_thumright:

DMRACO said:
tylereot said:
Spectacular, every one! 
My dillemma is whether to vote for the builder, or vote for the great work Warmoth does.

interesting comment.  Only three have the finish by owner (I think), Doug, Grey, and myself.  The scary thing is the members of the board (not just these) are getting so good it is often hard to tell!!!  If it were not of the uniqueness of the three pieces (I do not think W will ever make a BAD A$$ Billy!!!) it would be impossible.

I'll take that as a supreme compliment, as I finished mine, as well.  :glasses9:
But the dang quilt stuff is making me drool all over my keyboard, and I'm pretty sure that's a Warmoth finish.

I too, see lots of goodies in this month's batch, but only 1 scalloped fingerboard...ummm... :icon_scratch: ...shouldn't there be more?  ???

Beautiful pieces, all of 'em! Ain't any 'losers' there!
        P.S. My name is Greg, not 'Grey'....and, if I have to be a color, why can't I be  "Mr. Brown?"

Great Ape said:
P.S. My name is Greg, not 'Grey'....and, if I have to be a color, why can't I be  "Mr. Brown?"
Probably the fitter, changed it to Y instead of G  :toothy12:

OR
Someone must have seen your hair and beard colour    :laughing7:

OK, OK, OK, I'll be Mr. GREY!! Happy now, smartass??  :laughing7:
Gorgeous BK Tele, by the way, Murray, as are all your creations...

The three hardest choices of my life:
1. This month's contest.
2. Last month's contest.
3. Choosing a third party candidate this year.

LushTone said:
Pretty epic choices this month.

You got that right! Fully half of the entries made me go "Oooooh." So I had to imagine if they all were lined up in stands next to each other, which would I grab first. Still not an easy choice, but I finally got down to just one.

I hope you win, member I voted for!

Half? I'd have taken any one. Impossible vote. But, I picked one, which if past experience means anything it's the kiss of death. In the 3 years or so I've been here I think I've only picked one that eventually won.

Cagey said:
Half? I'd have taken any one. Impossible vote. But, I picked one, which if past experience means anything it's the kiss of death. In the 3 years or so I've been here I think I've only picked one that eventually won.
I think twice ones that I've voted on have won since we started it... :dontknow:

Outside of the finish origin it's a subjective call, so whaddaya gonna do? People like what they like, and that's the end of it.

Back