Not too happy overall

I don't want to sound like a horses behind, but Warmoth has a return policy.  Yes, I can see that waiting again while the return was being processed, and the problem sorted out could be hell, but really, if something is not right, return it and get what you paid for.  If you don't return it, well, it is pretty much your own own dang fault that you are living with something that you regret. 

That only works if you have a returnable item. In my case nothing I got was returnable except the hardware.

GoDrex said:
That only works if you have a returnable item. In my case nothing I got was returnable except the hardware.

Not exactly, you could not return it by "I don't like it" but you could return it by the problems it had to Warmoth solve them... different things...

NonsenseTele said:
GoDrex said:

Not exactly, you could not return it by "I don't like it" but you could return it by the problems it had to Warmoth solve them... different things...

that is true

guitlouie said:
I don't want to sound like a horses behind, but Warmoth has a return policy.  Yes, I can see that waiting again while the return was being processed, and the problem sorted out could be hell, but really, if something is not right, return it and get what you paid for.  If you don't return it, well, it is pretty much your own own dang fault that you are living with something that you regret. 

no, no, I am not pissed off or complaining. I didnt complain or seek a return, I saw the parts as fixable and as good as I wanted it to be with a little elbow grease and since I loved the parts aesthetically that was ok for me. I might have returnned it if I lived in the US though. You have to remember that international returns put on far more time/hassle/cost than domestic returns. Ive been on making this guitar since June. Ive gone down the route of using all Fender parts for this build and I have used Angela Instruments (of Maryland) for all the components and they have been terrible to deal with and have set me back at least a month and a half with their customer service. I dont want to have to deal with Warmoth on top of Angela for returns (ive had two return issues with Angela) when I can do the job myself. I am not crying about it................ I am just saying this is what happened with me. I know you are not getting at me louie, and I dont regret my build either. I am just not 100% satisfied with Warmoth, not enough to make me not want to deal with them again or recommend them. My parts are good and I will buy again but I am just not delighted as I have had to do/pay for work that should have been done done by Warmoth, else mess around with an international return. I happens, so be it. This is why I am paying $1200 for my dream guitar and not $4000+.

GoDrex said:
Gregg said:
GoDrex said:
i've read that the compound radius can make people think the neck is twisting... I forget who said it... maybe Gregg... or I dreamed it ;)
That would not have been me.

I must have dreamed it :tard:

no, I remember it too, and also thought it was Gregg.. not saying he's lying though  :icon_biggrin:

tfarny said:
Many good and reasonable points here. It's pretty rare on the internets that a thread like this could go three pages without somebody threatening to violate somebody else's mother.

:laughing11: True, im amazed to see that
1) this post is still alive
2) nobody died yet

As for now, the guitar is going well, totally amazed with the warmoth neck. Worked on the nut a bit with home tools, fairly decent now, could be better. But I can't afford any custom work right now.

Marko said:
GoDrex said:
Gregg said:
GoDrex said:
i've read that the compound radius can make people think the neck is twisting... I forget who said it... maybe Gregg... or I dreamed it ;)
That would not have been me.

I must have dreamed it :tard:
w
no, I remember it too, and also thought it was Gregg.. not saying he's lying though  :icon_biggrin:

To say it, at some point I'd have to think it. Another Warmoth employee pointed out to me that the sheet you get with your neck says that. That's your likey source.

HA! i knew I wasn't completely crazy! hahaha :laughing8:

to me Gregg IS Warmoth hehehe ;)

=CB= said:
now THATS a scary thought.... <g>~~~!!!!!!
Like this isn't?

P9144493.jpg

Naw, thats not so scary, scary is when i hop on the back of the CBR1100 when my dad is riding, no law will stop him at the speed he travels.

You had to see me one hour ago, with a "toxic orange" color boilersuit... well, I'm overweight and it's a tiny one... People on work compared me as: The Thing, Mr Incredible...........

NonsenseTele said:
You had to see me one hour ago, with a "toxic orange" color boilersuit... well, I'm overweight and it's a tiny one... People on work compared me as: The Thing, Mr Incredible...........
You SHOULDN't of said that, i'm about to go to bed, nightmares acomin!

I see Drambuie is in order... to calm the visual cortex after THAT description.... jeeeze

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
A poster awhile back expressed frustration because he had his FR prepped and it was high.  Better too high, you can always lower it. 
With Floyd nuts too low is better actually. It's far easier to shim it up than to shave off wood.

Back