not sure about my new frets in new necks

TRG

got the neck and body i ordered back in june. They are both amazing. but at first look it appeared to have gold frets.I ordered standard. after some thoughts I'm thinking what i'm seeing is the tint in the finish where its on the frets. The neck is in vitage tint. Any body seen this before? I already have all the hardware in silver. But if they screwed up and put gold frets in this I'm going to have to reorder everthing in gold to match it. I try and get some picture posted when i get home to night. Thanks for any advice

maple necks have the finishing sprayed right over the frets - you have to scrape it off - do a search for tips on this...

I expected the finish over the frets. It's just how gold they look. I didn't have time last night to start removing any of it from them. They just are so gold looking at this point I am worried they (warmoth) made a mistake and put gold frets in it. I which case I'll have to reorder my hardware because it's all in silver. Been waiting to get this project going so was wondering if anyone here had seen the frets looking really gold from the vintage tint finish before they are cleaned up. This neck is amazing no way i would send it back if they are gold i would just addapt to it. ItAAA birds eye with abolnie dots. 6105 frets.Its going on a blue burst tele thinline. 

i highly doubt that they would put gold frets on your neck unless you ordered them...
thats an obvious QC problem that would have been figured out immediatly.
also, they have a ($35? i cant remember offhand) upcharge for gold frets.

what you should do is scrape the top of the fret and see if a finish comes off, or if it stays the way it is.

It's normal; vintage tint from Warmoth or DIYing a maple fretboard neck with Fender Neck Amber will leave the frets looking as gold or golder as the 61GD gold fretwire Warmoth uses. Don't have time to post right now, but if you use the Search function there are multiple tips on removing the finish on the frets in posts on this board.

thanks guys  thats what i love about this place. much relived now. can't wait to get home and start working on this. its my second project

Warmoth gets calls back on a regular basis about our QC not catching that we installed gold frets.  We ask customers to sand off the Vintage Tint finish from the frets and they turn back silver.  You can also look on the butt heel of your neck; you will likely have the fretwire size written in pen still there from the fret shop when they fretted the neck.

hey Greg thank for chiming in/ By the way the workman ship once again is increible.Also the 9weeks wait was easy compared to the 13months I had to wait on the fender custom shop one time.You guys do fantastic work.

Back