Non-Warmoth-induced GAS

hannaugh said:
6156795410_52c093ef9b_z.jpg

I see my Heritage's Gibson cousin hanging in the top right corner, there.

I would absolutely love an Arctic White Swede. I've got a black one, and it's awesome, but they don't make the white for lefties.

Thanks for taking the photos! That place is Hagstrom heaven.

No problem.  I played that 335 looking one with the flametop.  It was pretty nice for the price!

I really really like that Skatecaster. Except for that stupid name. Whoever came up with that deserves to be fired. From a canon.

That "Skatecaster" (I agree, possibly the worst-ever guitar name) looks like a Jazzmaster that's been desaturated. I kept looking at it waiting for something to happen, wondering when someone was going to come along and finish it.

Primer Gray is not my cup-o-tay.

And if there's going to be that much of a solid color, I'd like a pickguard or more knobs, colored pup rings, something to create some contrast ... Someone call Adam Duritz; he can buy himself a gray guitar.

Well the Skatecaster is derived from the Surfcaster. And Charvels are generally no-BS guitars without too many knobs, options and whatnots. I like the simplicity.

It's is possible to get in other colours thou.

If you want more go Gretsch.  :icon_biggrin:

The Central Scrutinizer said:
I think that this is how a swedish guitar should really look like:

Lol, my first reaction was: IKEA! Now after some googling I understand that it IS made from an Ikea butcher block. Too bad it's too small for a bass body or I'd see a building project coming up.

And from the Creamery in Manchester, it's cousin:

001_Butchers_Block_Telecaster_Guitar.jpg

Although this one is made from a vintage butcher's block :icon_biggrin:

SustainerPlayer said:
I think that posting a Zachery guitar constitutes trolling.  :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah probably so... but I think it is not as bad as posting an Ed Roman Guitar  :icon_biggrin:

kboman said:
Speaking of GAS... holy crap! :eek:

DSC_0364_low.jpg

That's a purty guitar, kboman, but it looks awfully shiny and new to have the lacquer so dark - kinda jarring, really - it should be clear, or a little paler yellow, instead of the amber fake vintage tint.

Yeah, that's pretty nice. Is that hardware gold? It looks less gaudy, and therefore much cooler. It would be seriously boss if the inlays were amber, though; the MOP doesn't look right.

kboman said:
And from the Creamery in Manchester, it's cousin:

001_Butchers_Block_Telecaster_Guitar.jpg

Although this one is made from a vintage butcher's block :icon_biggrin:

Speaking of the Creamery, has anyone tried that guy's pickups? He seems to be pretty well dialed in on marketing his vintage-correct stuff.  I'd be interested in a knowledgeable independent opinion of his wares.

Bagman

Bagman67 said:
That's a purty guitar, kboman, but it looks awfully shiny and new to have the lacquer so dark - kinda jarring, really - it should be clear, or a little paler yellow, instead of the amber fake vintage tint.

Eh, I think it works. It's beautiful just the way it is - the amber tint is so obivous it becomes a statement of its own.

Bagman67 said:
Speaking of the Creamery, has anyone tried that guy's pickups? He seems to be pretty well dialed in on marketing his vintage-correct stuff.  I'd be interested in a knowledgeable independent opinion of his wares.

I know at least one on the forum has several of his pickups but for the life of me I can't remember who! He loved them though... I'm getting a set myself in not too long (ie possibly before midsummer in kboman-speak).

DV016_Jpg_Large_502570.001_black.jpg

It figures, after I say that most stock guitars don't appeal to me, that I come across one that induces major GAS.

It's moments like these I'm especially glad to be left-handed; there's simply no point in me buying this guitar, no matter how slick it is, because it would be totally useless. My wallet breathes a sigh of relief.

Back