Non WARMOTH Eddie style strat

dmraco

Master Member
For all the Eddie fans.....This is a Eddie style project my 16 year old is working on.  I gave him an old strat body ( the el cheapo plywood style) so he decided to do this.  He does all the taping, I do the rattle can paint.  He was maticulus about the taping and relicing between the coats of paint.  I even routed the control cavities like eddie.  I will also be installing a floyd (guitar fetish style) as well so the body had some minor surgery there too.  This will have all the mock wires and switches too.  The only thing not true to form is the headstock shape.  Maybe someday.

Surgery complete, and paint is finished too.  The Floyd went on smoothly and seems to operate well.  The shelf I made for the locking nut needs to be lowered a bit so the action is a bit high.  I have put in some of the faux wiring.  I still need the single coil Ed uses in the neck position.

I think it turned out well.

the real thing....I think
imagen-de-fondo-del-blog.html

Final photos.  It turned out great.  Even the blue paint on the back and my $20 Floyd rose copy.

60e9fa520971f407e7261d15b986ee96_zps57014edf.jpg

b24fa32b60f7db895f716760aee04425_zps234299ca.jpg

ec7f2cd6b4c63c62cb458bd0038dc949_zps2fd11821.jpg

f5d712fcac436d95329a140c650d01ea_zpsa6341987.jpg

I still like my copper wolfgang better

31a00d6d7b943ba1e794baee6f7feb32_zps75547434.jpg

Nice.

Hey, for your wolfie, did you get your copper OFR direct from FR?
I'm considering one, but the one thing that had me re-considering was that I couldn't find matching tuners, then they guy at FR said that he could get them for me, just inquire when I order the OFR.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Nice.

Hey, for your wolfie, did you get your copper OFR direct from FR?
I'm considering one, but the one thing that had me re-considering was that I couldn't find matching tuners, then they guy at FR said that he could get them for me, just inquire when I order the OFR.

I bought it from a Floyd vendor.  Same price.  If you can get decent tuners from them great.  Mine are GROVER knock offs I assume.  From China.  Decent enough.  I figure with the locking nut they are not used much after re-stringing

stratamania said:
A nice result. Your son must be pleased with it.  :party07:

He wears it like an accessory.  It really is amazing.  I think total investment was around $150.  One of the highest ticket items was the three cans of rattle can paint.  The body is a POS laminate body, the neck is guitar fetish which is not bad but needs a bit of work on the 13th fret.  The Floyd was $20 and functions fine.  I have it set up for dives only.

The best part of the guitar is the duncan JB.  I picked this up second hand it it really sings.

I learned a lot on the build....shimming the neck pocket, creating a Floyd shelf on a standard style nut, changing a 6 hole vintage trem to a Floyd pocket.  And yes....minwax satin poly will not react with Duplicolor rattle cans.  ( I needed a light coat to protect some of the misc hand applied paints).

I cannot wait to see the look on the face of his Jazz Band instructors face when he uses this for his solo at his next show!!!

Great work, kudos to your son for putting such a good replica together.  I'd actually never noticed there was a pickup selector buried in the middle pickup route.  I learned something today.

That copper wolfgang is the first wolfgang style guitar I've ever really liked - and I like this one a lot!  :icon_thumright: How did I never notice that one before on the forum.

Jet-Jaguar said:
DMRACO said:
I still like my copper wolfgang better
Yeah, your wolfgang is nice, but that look on your son's face ...
Priceless...I know.

Looking for a new neck... This one is a wreck.  Hi and low frets all over...u g :doh:

phred said:
Nice! :headbang1: Is that a 1971 quarter?

Yes it is.....my son looked long and hard for that.  Ironically he just found another one cleaning out the car this weekend.

Back