Night Shifting on Daylight Savings Time fall-back day...

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Where I live in Australia we're the only state that doesn't have daylight savings, it's good not having to adjust the time. But then you have to adjust for everyone else in the country anyway and it just makes everything so confusing.

I can relate: I live in a state that doesn’t change (Arizona) but work in one that does (Alaska)!
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

It happened here about two weeks ago. We are back to the actual time rather than adjusted time.  In Europe, time changes will stop in 2021 with each nation free to choose to stay in natural time or summertime.

I prefer the normal time and am not keen on the summertime adjustment.

stratamania said:
It happened here about two weeks ago. We are back to the actual time rather than adjusted time.  In Europe, time changes will stop in 2021 with each nation free to choose to stay in natural time or summertime.

Well that's news! 

Where I worked, Officers on the midnight shift got paid extra during DST changes. They made an hour OT in the fall, and in the spring, they got paid 8 hours for 7 hours worked. Not enough to ever make me volunteer for a midnight, but better than nothing, I suppose....  :dontknow:

I'm surpised Alaska ever bothered. So the sunrise is at 4am instead of 3am, and sunset is at midnight instead of 11pm. Big whoop.

Some local knucklehead used to complain to the TV stations that DSL made the day longer and he had to mow his yard more often..... We're talking DENSE.

AirCap said:
Some local knucklehead used to complain to the TV stations that DSL made the day longer and he had to mow his yard more often..... We're talking DENSE.
Can't cure "stupid".....  :tard:

AirCap said:

One of the major reasons why my state never did it was because people complained their cows would "be confused" with the milking, and that they would need to change their curtains more often.

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dlsinqld This is actually a pretty funny summary.

The only people who like it are those who have to get up early.  I remember when the usa cancelled standard time ... It was so dark in the morning waiting for the bus.  I like the time change.  At least this way I see daylight in the morning.

BigSteve22 said:
Where I worked, Officers on the midnight shift got paid extra during DST changes. They made an hour OT in the fall, and in the spring, they got paid 8 hours for 7 hours worked. Not enough to ever make me volunteer for a midnight, but better than nothing, I suppose....  :dontknow:

BroccoliRob said:
-VB- said:
It was almost 2:00, then it was 1:00 again. Daylight savings time is stupid. That is all.
Did you get paid an extra hour? i would raze hell if not, pal

The “glass half full” perspective would be that it is an hour of OT that doesn’t cost you an hour of sleep. Working 12 hour shifts, that’s something.

swarfrat said:
I'm surpised Alaska ever bothered. So the sunrise is at 4am instead of 3am, and sunset is at midnight instead of 11pm. Big whoop.

Right? There has been a movement to abolish it in AK, they’ve even taken it to vote, but it hasn’t gotten traction.

None of you remember when the usa imposed year round dst? It was dark.

Rick said:
None of you remember when the usa imposed year round dst? It was dark.
It would be fine to eliminate DST completely. I've always thought it a little unnecessary.

And in the Fall, you only get an extra hour's sleep if you don't have a dog. Mine got me up this morning at 4:30.  :laughing11:

-VB- said:
BigSteve22 said:

BroccoliRob said:
-VB- said:
It was almost 2:00, then it was 1:00 again. Daylight savings time is stupid. That is all.
Did you get paid an extra hour? i would raze hell if not, pal

The “glass half full” perspective would be that it is an hour of OT that doesn’t cost you an hour of sleep. Working 12 hour shifts, that’s something.
So is that like a yes or a no...?

Back