Nice new tele neck.. but

2oldman

Received neck couple days ago.  I had to kludge it in the body a bit as it wasn't "sitting up straight" enough to be playable.  Not a biggie.  However, the B string nut channel wasn't cut.  So I guess I'll be ordering a set of files from Amazon and do that myself.

All in all, nice job!

Interesting!  This is the second nut on the forum that was dodgy.  Maybe a QC thing...

I was unlucky enough to have a badly cut nut on my first Warmoth. All the slots were shifted ever so slightly to the right and caused the high E string to be very close to the edge. The string also didn't align well with the bridge pickup pole piece. Have you tried contacting support?

Support contacted.  Returning for repairs.

After careful consideration, a job best left to pros.  That's a mighty small slot.

Still wouldn't be a bad idea to get some nut files as fine tuning the slots will most likely be necessary on any new nut.

Yes. Even when they're cut properly, they're still typically a bit shallow to allow for width/depth adjustment to accommodate string size and playability concerns.

I have never had a nut installed by Warmoth on any of my necks after my first build.
I figure why mess around with that when I still need to have my tech fine tune the nut :dontknow:
Besides that, I really like a good old fashion bone nut the best...

After my first Warmoth order I just started ordering necks without a nut since I figured they would best be dialed in for the individual guitar in the end anyway. But it sounds like a quality control issue with the shop on this particular function. Aaron are you out there?

Aaron's in marketing - the guys on the shop floor are trained to not listen to him.  :)

Best to contact customer service over this.

Back