NGD Strat Build

B-man

So here's my long overdue 2nd Warmoth build to compliment my Tele I had put together about 6 years ago. Specs are...

Body

Roasted Swamp Ash
Contoured Heel
Side input
Sonic Blue
Parchment Plastics
Bareknuckle Apache Neck/Middle and Mule Bridge
Supervee Bladerunner Trem
Vol (moved slightly forwards for ease of volume swells), Variable Treble Bleed, Tone

Neck

Roasted Flame Maple
Gibson Scale
Modern C
10-16 Compound Radius
Stainless Steel 6115 Frets
Compensated 'Funky Nut'
Graphtech Ratio Tuners

I'll get some better pics in time. Can't wait to get it out there!

Attachments

• Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Back Head.jpg
    Back Head.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Body.jpg
    Body.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Neck.jpg
    Neck.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Neck 2.jpg
    Neck 2.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 54
  • neck 3.jpg
    neck 3.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Neck copy.jpg
    Neck copy.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 71
Very cool. I’m curious about your impressions of the Super V as you use it more and I’m also wondering if you could elaborate on the nut and treble bleed.

Very cool. I’m curious about your impressions of the Super V as you use it more and I’m also wondering if you could elaborate on the nut and treble bleed.
Thanks! Still early days but i'm liking the Super V a lot. It feels very well made and quite 'heavy' in use, I guess some may call that 'stiff' but I prefer that rather than a really loose feeling trem. It is very smooth though and returns to pitch really well.

So the nut is compensated and it was designed by the guy who put the guitar together. He calls it the 'Funky Nut'. More info here:

Granted, I've no experience with Earvana or Buzz-Feiten but I know the Funky Nut certainly works.

So the treble bleed, when either the volume and treble bleed are up full it's out of use. However, when I turn the volume down, I can vary the amount of treble into the signal, which is great for when I'm using overdrive and need different shades of tone.

Thanks! Still early days but i'm liking the Super V a lot. It feels very well made and quite 'heavy' in use, I guess some may call that 'stiff' but I prefer that rather than a really loose feeling trem. It is very smooth though and returns to pitch really well.

So the nut is compensated and it was designed by the guy who put the guitar together. He calls it the 'Funky Nut'. More info here:

Granted, I've no experience with Earvana or Buzz-Feiten but I know the Funky Nut certainly works.

So the treble bleed, when either the volume and treble bleed are up full it's out of use. However, when I turn the volume down, I can vary the amount of treble into the signal, which is great for when I'm using overdrive and need different shades of tone.
Thanks for the info! It’s a very custom guitar.

Is the variable treble bleed a design that is on the internet or did you design it?

Thanks for the info! It’s a very custom guitar.

Is the variable treble bleed a design that is on the internet or did you design it?
You’re welcome :) yep it’s very custom indeed, I basically spent a year trying different strats, some really great guitars, yet there were always things that would bug me about each of them. Hoping I’ve ironed those out now.

I’m sure that will be something you’ll be able to find online. I certainly didn’t design it, I’m not smart enough haha. I discovered it through the guy who put my Strat together when he did me a Tele about 6 years ago. He used a stacked pot for the tone control on that guitar, whereas here it’s in place of the first tone control. Couldn’t live without them!

Back