NGD (non-Warmoth)

Strat Avenger

A friend gave this to me last weekend. Don't know the exact year, but it's a '89-'94 Peavey Generation Tele-style. Made in USA, and customized with Amalfitano pickups, 4-way switch, and a home-made pickguard.

Attachments

• 20230608_231947-1.jpg
    20230608_231947-1.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 37
Sweet! Peavey made some really solid guitars in that era, providing value where Fender was still getting back on its feet from the chaos of the 80's. Looks like a fun axe. Rock on, etc., etc.

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that. Was the pickguard original to the guitar?

One of these days, I'm going to buy a Peavey Cropper Classic from that era.

Yep Peavey made some really great gear. I'm still on the hunt for a T-60, but I'm beginning to think that I might just have to make my own out of a body blank...

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that. Was the pickguard original to the guitar?

One of these days, I'm going to buy a Peavey Cropper Classic from that era.
The pickguard is not original. It was custom-made by the friend who gave me the guitar.

Yep Peavey made some really great gear. I'm still on the hunt for a T-60, but I'm beginning to think that I might just have to make my own out of a body blank...
There's swarms of them on Reverb, but you may find it more fiscally responsible to build your own. They start around UD$800.

I love peaveys. I always thought of them more as a amp people, but I went to a trade show, about 20 years ago, (Could it be that long ago? Jeez) met the reps and got to try out their guitars. they were good.

Back