New workshop

ognolman

Well, I've spent the summer on a project to build a place to build some basses.  And now it is nearing completion.  I had an area excavated and built a retaining wall.  Then I had a contractor build a 12x12x12 barn in the excavated area.  I wired it myself and dug a 60'x2' trench, and passed all my county building inspections.  I also walled it in with OSB and built a workbench.  Now I am setting up my saws and drills and stuff.  I added a second circuit for a dorm fridge and window air conditioner.  All it needs is plumbing and I could live in the thing.

I've got a bunch of pics of it in various stages of construction:

http://tinyurl.com/65s22f

I can't wait to start crankin' out some new guitars!!

JBD

Fantastic! looks like that will be a great man cave for you!!
I have thought about doing something like that, but the space I have availeble in my yard is too small :(

Where do you live! seems like you are in the middle of the woods! must be nice and peacefull ;)

that man cave looks too good to work in, put a bed in and live there!

Marko said:
Fantastic! looks like that will be a great man cave for you!!
I have thought about doing something like that, but the space I have availeble in my yard is too small :(

Where do you live! seems like you are in the middle of the woods! must be nice and peacefull ;)

Thanks, guys...  Yes, I have a densely wooded lot in the North Carolina piedmont.  It is 2 acres but the lower half is in an overflow area for a large creek that flows through the back of the property, so I can't build there.  I've been out to the creek once, but the woods are too thick to make regular trips out there.  It would be peacful except for the sound of my sawing and hammering all the time.  But that will come to an end now that I'm finishing it up.

>JR< said:
that man cave looks too good to work in, put a bed in and live there!

I have considered putting in a futon, microwave, big screen TV...  :icon_thumright:

JBD

ognolman said:
I have considered putting in a futon, microwave, big screen TV...   :icon_thumright: 

Perfect!  Every guy needs (or deserves) a "hideout"  :laughing7:

And here I thought that I would be looking at a nice bench with some nice tools, maybe a spraybooth...
... But here you built a freaking out-building for your shop!

That's pretty cool.  I think that I may just have to clean out the garage - or the big shed as we like to call it.

Nah - it's no fun when it's -40 out :-o

Edit:

Oh and nice basses

mayfly said:
And here I thought that I would be looking at a nice bench with some nice tools, maybe a spraybooth...
... But here you built a freaking out-building for your shop!

The tools and workbench are coming!  The workbench is there, and some tools, but I'm still getting moved-in.  :toothy10:

mayfly said:
Oh and nice basses

Chris of Arabia said:
Bugger the workshop, look at the basses on there!  :cool01:

Thanks!  Some of those are Warmoths, of course!

JBD

Nice workshop, and very nice basses!

dude, my cat looks EXACTLY like yours in this picture, and his name is also Smokey.
thats fudging wierd!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12764977@N06/1333719054/

(Seal Point Snowshoe?)

line6man said:

dude, my cat looks EXACTLY like yours in this picture, and his name is also Smokey.
thats fricking wierd!

(Seal Point Snowshoe?)

That is weird...  Unfortunately, my Smokey passed away a few years ago.  We thought he was a seal point Birman, but looking at your Snowshoe, I'm not so sure.  He was a massive cat, though.

Now I have Julia, a Champion class Birman showcat (retired).  She thinks she is a dog, though.

2200574927_0bc38feae2.jpg

She keeps our Sheltie company...

JBD

Chris of Arabia said:
ognolman said:
Thanks!  Some of those are Warmoths, of course!

JBD

And you'll have added them to the Warmoth Pool at flickr of course... No? Run along there now. Good man...  :icon_thumright:

Yes, I promise I will!!

JBD

ognolman said:
line6man said:

thats fricking wierd!

(Seal Point Snowshoe?)

That is weird...  Unfortunately, my Smokey passed away a few years ago.  We thought he was a seal point Birman, but looking at your Snowshoe, I'm not so sure.  He was a massive cat, though.

Now I have Julia, a Champion class Birman showcat (retired).  She thinks she is a dog, though.

JBD
That cats eyes are evil looking

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

Eh, she's had problems with her eyes for years...  Vet says they can operate, but it probably would only be a temporary fix.  But she's a sweetie.

JBD

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
ognolman said:
line6man said:

thats fricking wierd!

(Seal Point Snowshoe?)

JBD

No... this cats eyes are evil looking.

Back