New Website.....buckle up, buckaroos!

SeaGroomer said:
Oh, and I wasn't able to browse and 'unique choice' veneers for a mooncaster or a fretboard for a neck!

Unique Choice won't be available for maybe a week. Still working on transferring them all over.

Well, the new site looks good.

Some comments....

The paint selector is not as easy to use as previously in the builder
Is there no more Screaming Deals?
No option for a non recessed Floyd Rose?
On laminated tops, previously there was option for binding, now it seems one must order binding
Glad that now all bodies and necks are visually buildable

Overall, .....nice job.

rauchman said:

Some comments....

On laminated tops, previously there was option for binding, now it seems one must order binding

Overall, .....nice job.

Screaming deals are shown with a sort of Megaphone icon to the top right of the picture. There is one currently in the Tele section.

Non recessed Floyd Rose, on which body type?

Not sure what you mean by binding but it towards the end of the builder not just after selecting a lam top.

Cagey said:
A "best Guess" option would speed things up if you're just playing "what-if" games with the site while planning a new build, but I can see where unwanted options night get inadvertently chosen by someone not paying strict attention. Better to force a choice so something doesn't show up with binding or a satin finish or something like that after waiting 8 weeks.

"What if" games are the reason I can't look at Unique Choice woods, lest I incur another expense, and have to hide another box from gf  :doh:

On the other side, easier access to the creative space to the customer...well...u get the idea...

Any way to get a filter for SCALE on the necks or a conversion neck category?  I really found this useful on the old site.    Other than that, great job Warmoth

stratamania said:
rauchman said:

Some comments....

Overall, .....nice job.

Screaming deals are shown with a sort of Megaphone icon to the top right of the picture. There is one currently in the Tele section.

Non recessed Floyd Rose, on which body type?

Not sure what you mean by binding but it towards the end of the builder not just after selecting a lam top.

Thanks for the reply..

Screamin Deals...got it, thanks...not ideal that one can't filter to Screamin Deals, but got it

Non recessed Floyd route is not shown on Mooncaster, VIP or Velocity Carved top.  Seems this is only on carved top bodies?

Binding - As you go through making the selections for the build, there is no "None" in the binding drop down.  Does this mean one has to get binding on certain bodies?

Also, Tiltback Strat necks are now buried in Strat necks, where prior, they had their own listing.

@rauchman one thing that is a challenge is whilst I can remember a lot of options etc as the old site is gone there is nowhere to compare any more as was the case when the beta was done.

Certain bodies may indeed need binding but I am not as familiar with those bodies. Perhaps check below the builder for a specific body type as the options for that body to a degree should be listed underneath the builder.

stratamania said:
@rauchman one thing that is a challenge is whilst I can remember a lot of options etc as the old site is gone there is nowhere to compare any more as was the case when the beta was done.

Certain bodies may indeed need binding but I am not as familiar with those bodies. Perhaps check below the builder for a specific body type as the options for that body to a degree should be listed underneath the builder.

Warmoth Plan to Take Over the World

Step 1: Erase everyone's memory.
Step 2: Take over the world.

I forget which one it was, maybe a musiclander or 7 string, but it was a body that was available as rear routed only, but the only selectable option was a $20 surcharge

On the Wish List, I think it's odd that the clicking the title or image of the item takes you back to an empty configurator.  At first I didn't notice the Pencil icon and was confused as to how to edit again.  I can't imagine why I would want to go back to a blank configurator from a specific wish list item.  I think they should all link to the saved item.

And, while on the subject of "Wish List", why not save the created image as well?  If it can be saved in the configuration, it shouldn't be that hard to put that same specific image in the wish list.

Attachments

• WarmothWishlist.png
    WarmothWishlist.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 86
The Aaron said:
stratamania said:

Warmoth Plan to Take Over the World

Step 1: Erase everyone's memory.
Step 2: Take over the world.

What, I keep trying to answer Step 1, but as soon as I start to reply I keep having to look back to what it says  :eek:ccasion14:

Step 2... Most illogical...

Rauchman I've never read Hunter S Thompson but I agree completely with this philosophy. Live Hard and you know that you've lived.

stratamania said:

Any carved top body with a double lam requires binding, which includes the VIP, Regal, CT Soloist, and Mooncaster Guitar and Bass.

Wolff05 said:
stratamania said:

Any carved top body with a double lam requires binding, which includes the VIP, Regal, CT Soloist, and Mooncaster Guitar and Bass.

Interesting.  I wonder, since I now do my own binding, if a carved top can be ordered without binding

Wolff05 said:
stratamania said:

Thanks, I thought it perhaps was the case but did not want to make a sweeping statement without being certain.

I can access from my desktop, but both my phone and ipad won’t connect. I’ve cleared cache and reset both browser and device. Any ideas?

Check to make sure the "Spouse opt out subscription" is working correctly. Man they could make a killing on that. $5/mo to hide showcase entries

Dieter Yes it looks like the mobile website is down.

I also notice when I am looking at showcase bodies and sort by weight the system only recognizes the pounds but not the ounces.

Back