New Website.....buckle up, buckaroos!

Sweet, always wanted to play with a double neck builder.

DeLonge is quirky, you can end up with two holes, you need to unselect the normal volume first .

I've noticed that if you select a rear routed body it only shows where the volume and tone controls would be drilled.

When you click on the check box for the input jack for the front it doesn't appear but when you click the side panel on the left it shows that the hole should be there.

e.g. I should be able to select 4 holes for the front of a jazz body but only 3 appear.

I will be having a side mounted jack but I'm using EMG BTS system which has 4 pots and I'd rather not have to drill any holes myself through the finish if I can avoid it

I've emailed Warmoth to double check that there will be 4 holes on the front of the body if i select 4 holes and then I will be ordering it

Also, as above I thought that we were going to be able to see the completed bass including neck with the new website. I'm not complaining though it's a huge improvement on the old website and gives you a much better idea of what your finished bass will look like

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 99
OK, I like it. Hopefully some things pointed out by other forum members can be adjusted or addressed to smooth it out/improve it.

I love the new look! I can see where you guys spent so much time. It was worth it.

The one thing I'd suggest is to get rid of those "drop down" boxes and do "radio buttons". That way people can choose their options with one click instead of two (or more). Also, the options are already visible with "radio buttons" instead of having to click on the drop downs, which is a time suck

Other than that, I love it!

I went ahead and posted a new thread for bugs so the dev team can have a single place to read (in case the select few are overwhelmed giving bug feedback.)

For those who have posted bugs here, feel free to port them to that thread. It's 1:30am here and I am heading to bed! Lol

Well as the bugs are already mentioned here. And also some I sent to Aaron, I am not going to port them across to another thread.

getting a 504 error now for the site. I am assuming they are working on fixing some of the issues.

I haven't had too much time to check out the new platform but there are two features I hope will be on the new platform that I used a lot on the old Platform. 1) When looking for necks and bodies I could choose finished or unfinished and also certain features on necks like wood type or neck shape so I only looked at items that I would be interested in buying. I don't see that on the new Platform (maybe I have to spend more time there.) Also,  I really liked on the old Platform I could put my cursor over a photo of a showcase item and it would show me the features of that item without having to click on it. This way I could quickly go through the showcase and only click on stuff I had an interest in. Again I can't find this on the new platform. Without these features I have to click on and then back out of many items I have no interest in which not only wastes my time but also clogs the website with people unable to get to exactly what they are looking for which may mean more costs for Warmoth as they have to expand their bandwidth for the extra unproductive time spend on the website.

The options for filtering items for example go to Stratocaster necks
https://warmoth.com/guitar-necks/stratocaster

At the right side of the page, you can shop by price and select via drop downs, construction type, fret size and material etc.

Overall I like the new website appearance, but I have to be honest, the previous 'Builder' was a nicer layout.
Being able to see images of options next to the check-box was better than a series of drop down menus, where pictures and further info are only available once you get to the appropriate drop down, and are also located on a separate tab off to the left of screen.

rainfall said:
The one thing I'd suggest is to get rid of those "drop down" boxes and do "radio buttons". That way people can choose their options with one click instead of two (or more). Also, the options are already visible with "radio buttons" instead of having to click on the drop downs, which is a time suck.

While the web developer in me absolutely loves how compact it is with just drop-downs, I fully agree with this.  Radio buttons with options already visible are better from a usability point of view.  I would take it one step further and set some reasonable defaults as well.  Instead of landing on "-- Please Select --" for every option, why not make a best guess so we aren't forced to make every selection?

On Pickups, going neck to bridge is counter-intuitive to me.  I would go Bridge, Middle (this should probably default to "none" on all but Strats), and neck last, with the 24-fret reposition then only visible after all pickup selections.  As it is, there's this awkward moment where you are setting the 24-fret option, but wondering where the other more important pickup options are (they are still hidden).

A "best Guess" option would speed things up if you're just playing "what-if" games with the site while planning a new build, but I can see where unwanted options night get inadvertently chosen by someone not paying strict attention. Better to force a choice so something doesn't show up with binding or a satin finish or something like that after waiting 8 weeks.

Cagey said:
A "best Guess" option would speed things up if you're just playing "what-if" games with the site while planning a new build, but I can see where unwanted options night get inadvertently chosen by someone not paying strict attention. Better to force a choice so something doesn't show up with binding or a satin finish or something like that after waiting 8 weeks.

It would certainly have to be considered carefully for each option.  I was really thinking back to the old site, where (for instance), a middle pickup might default to "none" for a telecaster, or a battery box or f-hole might default to "none".  To be clear, you would still get the step by step effect, with each option showing as the previous choice was made, but instead of "-- Please Select --", you would get a "best guess" selection.  I don't think it would lead to inadvertent selection.  I do think it would improve the user experience.

This page begs for at least a reference to the 720 mod under the "neck depth" picture: https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-fit

ChronoTrigger77 said:
This page begs for at least a reference to the 720 mod under the "neck depth" picture: https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-fit

I would say it doesn't as that page is will it fit my guitar body? You don't have the option of ordering a mod on a body you already have.

720 mod is here. Guitar Neck Pocket Options.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-body-neck-pockets

stratamania said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:

I would say it doesn't as that page is will it fit my guitar body? You don't have the option of ordering a mod on a body you already have.

720 mod is here. Guitar Neck Pocket Options.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-body-neck-pockets

Good point - I might have gotten confused as to which page I was looking at.  Nonetheless, that gap gets me every time.  I think perhaps it would just make sense to say "3mm space for pickguard".

Back