New Website.....buckle up, buckaroos!

Site should be visible to all now.

Checkout is still disabled until we get PCI and other stuff taken care of.

Still not loading for me  :icon_scratch:

[edit] scratch that. Just slow

[edit of the edit] maybe we should start a bug thread? Not sure if this is actually a bug or not, but building a neck with purpleheart on purpleheart and the fretboard pic doesn’t look like the neck wood at all.

So far looking good though. Will take some getting used to after building 50+ in the old one, but great to be able to see options on EVERYTHING! Very excited about that. Congrats to the team!

The old IP (216.211.136.84) will still be cached in many places, including your browsers and your local DNS servers. The new IP is 161.47.153.97. Closing, then re-opening your browser will help in many cases. Restarting your computer or phone can help when that doesn't work. Finally, if none of that helps, it's just a matter of your local DNS server catching up.  If you are able to choose your DNS servers, Google's servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) are some of the quickest in the US get updated and will get the new warmoth.com IP.

In any case, I'm looking at the new site now and WOW - fantastic work!  It won't be long until we've all forgotten the old design and grown to love this version.

:yourock:

- Noah (Webmaster, Eastman School of Music in Rochester NY)

New site loaded for me. Fast, responsive. Custom builder for everything is great. I hope it drives up demand for some of the weird models for you guys.

My only "complaint", and its a minor one at that, is that the site doesn't let me choose non-standard but reasonable options, like washed blue dye, and back black with burst over. But thats more editorial decisions about what you want to sell, less a technical limitation.

Good Job Aaron!

I can see it now in Europe. I am not sure when it appeared as I have not been checking all day.

But I attached a screenshot of the old and the new...

Oh and in other news, it is much much faster than when we were testing the beta and looks a little snazzier. Great job Aaron and team.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-19 161756.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-19 161756.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot 2021-06-20 194641.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-20 194641.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
Registering to the new Platform was easy as was logging in here. Going to check out the platform now. Rock on.

Account confirmation email - if you don't see it on gmail for example, check your spam folder. I reported it as not spam so hopefully others using google don't have to search for it.

Edit: I really like the wishlist feature... :icon_thumright:

Bug:   When browsing to https://warmoth.com/guitar-bodies/stratocaster to look at Strat bodies, when logged in it shows Welcome, pxxx xxxxn! which is not me. Going back to the main screen the correct name is shown and also when browsing to tele bodies.

Seems to also happen in other random ways. Edit: It happens completely randomly from what I can see and also Nxxx xxxxs! shows up...I am not him either :)

Various other names are appearing...

Edit: More name are appearing. I have obfuscated the names in the post above in case they are real users.

stratamania said:
Bug:  When browsing to https://warmoth.com/guitar-bodies/stratocaster to look at Strat bodies, when logged in it shows Welcome, paul txlxn! which is not me. Going back to the main screen the correct name is shown and also when browsing to tele bodies.

Seems to also happen in other random ways.

Confirming this. It shows my name on the "My Account" page, but various different names as I browse to other pages.

Bug: Gecko 6 body, only one neck pickup rout option. Bridge pickup rout, too many options including for 4 and 5 string pickups.

patracles said:
Is there no longer a way to see the back of a custom body in the builder?
I’m wondering this too. Also is there no way to view the body with a pickguard and hardware now?

I also noticed that the neck builder displays a 21st fret marker on the overhang of a 20 fret neck.

Only other slight issue I noticed is that every bridge, pickup option, finish option etc shows in the dropdown even when not applicable. For example, when you select ‘candy finish’ it doesn’t just show you the candy colors in the color drop down— it shows all of the finish options, and you have to scroll down to the few that aren’t greyed out.

Attachments

• 427F2B90-5952-4016-A207-8E5E22949C79.png
    427F2B90-5952-4016-A207-8E5E22949C79.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
New site is working very well for me - much easier to navigate and a lot more information in easier-to-find places. The new builder is great!

Good work to all those who contributed to the site.

Back