New Website.....buckle up, buckaroos!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Here we go...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/u8lFAKSYhvk[/youtube]

Great stuff Aaron! Hope you all are well at Warmoth HQ! Give the phone/email/sales/shipping reps my regards, it's not an easy time from a customer service standpoint in any industry. Even beyond those woes, you're delivering fantastic items.

Can't wait to order my next part on the new site!

Aw man - they ruined it! I liked the old one better! Just kidding, but we are guitar players after all.

swarfrat said:
Aw man - they ruined it! I liked the old one better! Just kidding, but we are guitar players after all.

I'm already steeling myself for the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth that is sure to come.

The bodies built when Rosie May was the janitor sound better I'm sure, and will one day fetch huge premiums in Amazon (because eBay will no longer be around and all transactions will be on Amazon)

We upgraded our work website, and it only made it better.  There were complainers, but they complain no matter what you do. 

Actually, this will kick my butt into finishing my current project so I can buy something on the new website!

I for one, can't wait, it's exciting.

...."don't rage punch your computer"

Luv it

Looking forward to seeing the new site, and nice job Aaron!

wait - wait.....  will UW go to a new site as well?  Will all my old posts be deleted!?!??  WILL I NEED TO GET A BACKUP ALL OF CAGEY'S POSTS??!??!

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!  (rage punches computer)

One of the best features of the old website is searching for sold items by entering the part number in Search.  I reference back my previous purchases using this for specs.  Will this be still available in your data base ?

I'm kinda hoping that you can actually browse previous showcase entries. I'll take a real photo over a builder approximation any day - no matter how good.

So much for the thing about real names prompting people to behave better online. YaddayadaFBgripes.

I've been struggling to settle on the finer details of an Iceman build.  I'm thrilled to see this news - I suspect the new website will finally help me pull the trigger!

I just watched that video this morning and am very excited to try out the new builder - I spend way too much time on the old one(s.) I always laugh at how wonky the current site is - different builders for guitar bodies/necks/basses and pages being hard to find. A new web page will probably do wonders for business, not that it sounds like you are lacking at all!

:yourock: I enjoy your videos Aaron, keep up the good work! I love seeing different guitars through your videos.

Mayfly said:
wait - wait.....  will UW go to a new site as well?  Will all my old posts be deleted!?!??  WILL I NEED TO GET A BACKUP ALL OF CAGEY'S POSTS??!??!

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!  (rage punches computer)

No worries. I'll make more :icon_biggrin:

As a full stack developer I gotta know, how come the boys/gals didn't use a SQL database table converter to restructure the current database into one that could fit into the new system? Not sure how wise it is to tell all the users "your account is gone".

If it's because of pruning or volume, I would recommend maybe adding a extra col to the existing user table marked as "flagged for transfer". That way you could transfer accounts that the users themselves flagged which could cut down on the processing time.

Honestly, for only 2 people this is a pretty sizable achievement ESPECIALLY if they didn't use any white label code. It makes sense why it took so long, but having in house engineers who know the site inside in out is going to save the company thousands if something goes wrong. Outsourcing gets stupid expensive because they rely on the support charges to stay afloat.

My other recommendation would to be to launch a beta test at beta.warmoth.com for users to poke around and test in Instead of launching it directly to the main site and have to revert. Then when the site is tested, dropping everything in the database and launching to production. Never, EVER, test anything in production. It's more than just a glitchy service, if someone finds a basic SQL injection because one text field wasn't striped you'll end up with someone being able to completely manipulate your backend, including your old site if that server is still attached to the web and not taken to local network only.

Just be careful, love you guys and all you do.

Great to hear. Hopefully then the gents who work backed don't need to worry about server load. Public betas are always good because volume of testers, but glad to hear it at least underwent a private test.

Super excited

Back