New VIP delivered and finished in 2 weeks... BEAUTIFUL

J_Ferr

Check out my just finished VIP Guitar, I modeled it after the PRS Swamp Ash Special. I like the variety the Swamp Ash Special has and I'm loving the finished product of this project. You can see the process a little from when it first came in to when the 5-way got put in to the finished product... I love this guitar and can't wait to build the next one (in a few years lol).

Body: Swamp Ash Body with Flame Maple Top
        - With the recessed control positions
        - With custom cut 5 way switch

Neck: Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard (Mother of Pearl Inlays)
        - Schaller Locking Tuners

PRS Swamp Ash Special Beck and Bridge Pickups
Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails For middle pick up
Coil Tapping push pull in the neck
Hipshot Floating Trem (AMAZING)

It took a while for this dream to become real, but it was well worth it!

That is a real looker  :glasses9:
What is the color of that top.  It kinda made me stand back at first, but I am really diggin' it the more I look.
Tell me about that Hipshot Floating Trem...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

VERY nicely thought out and done 
eusa_clap.gif

bbl4ck said:
What is the color of that top.  It kinda made me stand back at first, but I am really diggin' it the more I look.

Also curious about the color. Is it a dyejob? Looks great!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The pickup choices and layout remind me very much of my favorite PRS, the Swamp Ash Special.  Great guitar.

Yea I modeled the whole guitar after the PRS Swamp Ash Special... Pretty much speck-by-speck minus a few things... and with saving like $1000+ for the actual. And I have the lovely flame maple top.

Jens said:
bbl4ck said:

Also curious about the color. Is it a dyejob? Looks great!

As for the Finish, yes, it is a black dye finish. I'm actually glad I went with the Flame Maple because it looks amazing.

bbl4ck said:

And the Hipshot is amazing. It's extremely responsive. It took some work to get it in though b/c I got the original holes to be drilled for an American Strat, so they hat to take the drill press to it (I didn't wanna ruin it). Also, I read that some people use more than the 3 provided springs, but I'm only using the three that came with it and it works fine to me. Keeps the tuning as long as I don't overhaul on it (with help from the locking tuners of course)

Lovely guitar :) reminds me indeed of the swamp ash special by PRS. I have a hipshot trem too, and I only use 2 springs. I noticed that that makes the trem MUCH more stable, and it also has a lot less spring reverbration. I don't really like that.

but that top, the overall attention to detail: great!

Back