New Video: One Tele® to Rule them All!

I will also say that if you want a B-Bender on your telecaster, then a bridge like this is the way to go.

Producer: "Yngwie, not so many notes. Less is More."
Yngwie: "No. More is More. If you want more, you should play more."

People probably expect a vintage tele bridge to sound different to the 6-saddle version. As far as I know, both styles of Gotoh Tele bridges have brass saddles so that eliminates one factor.

I will also say that if you want a B-Bender on your telecaster, then a bridge like this is the way to go.

I have almost zero experience with the Parson's style benders, but I happen to come across a Fender Bret Mason Tele a couple weeks ago and gave it a spin. Dang that thing was heavy! And I sure made it sound like crap. LOL.

Heh Heh :) Currently I'm dealing with a fully floating wammy on my new warmoth sparkly strat. I believe that I'm having similar issues avoiding sounding like crap. Similar but different ;)

Oh - and yes the fender telecasters with B-benders are very heavy. The issue is that they use a steel plate for the back of the Parsons-Green bender mechanism. Adds at least a couple of pounds. The Parsons-Green benders from HipShot use aluminium back plates, which are much lighter. They are about the same weight as the wood you remove to install it, as It turns out.

Oh - and yes the fender telecasters with B-benders are very heavy. The issue is that they use a steel plate for the back of the Parsons-Green bender mechanism. Adds at least a couple of pounds. The Parsons-Green benders from HipShot use aluminium back plates, which are much lighter. They are about the same weight as the wood you remove to install it, as It turns out.

In this case it is not the backplates, the Fender Brent Mason signature uses a Glaser Bender, so that is not the weight issue. I have seen this mentioned that some of them are quite heavy, it appears to be down to the body wood that has been used.

I just installed the "fancy" version on my first Warmoth build (in progress). Gotoh makes nice things, for sure. No electronics hooked up on this one yet, but slowly getting things settled in with a T.C. Electronics clip on headstock tuner. Initial results are positive ...

By the way, first post here after lurking in the darkness for ages! (y)

Attachments

• Tele Bridge.jpg
    Tele Bridge.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 5
I just installed the "fancy" version on my first Warmoth build (in progress). Gotoh makes nice things, for sure. No electronics hooked up on this one yet, but slowly getting things settled in with a T.C. Electronics clip on headstock tuner. Initial results are positive ...

By the way, first post here after lurking in the darkness for ages! (y)
Welcome to active membership! Glad to have you. That's a handsome part. The things they can do with laser engraving these days blow my mind.

So, spurred by this thread, I went off to shop for a Hipshot Parsons/Green unit yesterday, and they ain't to be had for love nor money on Al Gore's internet except (assuming their page is accurate) direct from Hipshot. $551.76 USD plus shipping. Oof.

Oh, there is one dude on Reverb who has 3d-printed one, but he also warns that you shouldn't let the guitar see temperatures above 100 degrees (presumably Faherenheit). Anyway - looks like I'll be holding off on that for a while.

Yea they've really gone up in price. I can remember when SportHiTech used to have them for something like $250.

I prefer a flat plate Tele bridge to the vintage style ones with the raised edges.

Another interesting (if expensive) thing I have seen recently in Tele-world is the Vega Trem VT2, which mounts the tremolo springs inside the six string-through-body holes so no routing is necessary:

So, spurred by this thread, I went off to shop for a Hipshot Parsons/Green unit yesterday, and they ain't to be had for love nor money on Al Gore's internet except (assuming their page is accurate) direct from Hipshot. $551.76 USD plus shipping. Oof.

Befriend a Hipshot dealer and they can order it in and might discount it down under $400 (wholesale is $275). Unfortunately, I have one brick and mortar Hipshot dealer within 100 miles of me. In some ways, the internet was a double-edged sword on deals.

$550 for the unit without installation isn't very price competitive when you can get the industry-leader Glaser installed and setup for $650.

Back