New Video: One Tele® to Rule them All!

What I do in this situation is I call sporthitech, sometimes I can speak with a human. Othertimes I email them and ask them if they can get me the whatever at the price listed in the website, and let me know when they get it. They say they'll look into and a month later I get an email saying they have it and the price they listed. Sporthitech, if memory serves, is about a 4 hour drive from the hipshot factory. I'm pretty sure both places are in the boonies. One factory is in fingerlakes, and the sportech warehouse is outside of philly.
Though duckB is on to something for the Glaser.

Yep not a bad thought on the Glaser. Used to be that the Parsons / green was the cheap way to go. Now not so sure about that

what's the deal with b benders anyway? do they really only bend the b string? there are so many other strings that need bending (high e and g, off the top of my head). now i'm not the brightest knife in the crayon box, but just bending a B seems short sighted imo. if someone came up to me on the street and said "hey, man, you ever feel like adding a trem to your tele?" i'd be like, "who are you, where did you come from?" and he'd say "dont worry about it, dude, just take this b-bender. it's 83.3334% less useful than a traditional trem AND it only costs at least twice that of a Floyd Rose AND requires much more permanent, extensive modification to install!" and i'd say, "i'm calling the cops unless you either leave my alley or buy one of my CD's, I'm trying to make a living here, sir"

anyway, that gotoh bridge looks dope (the good kind)

what's the deal with b benders anyway? do they really only bend the b string? there are so many other strings that need bending (high e and g, off the top of my head). now i'm not the brightest knife in the crayon box, but just bending a B seems short sighted imo.

There are B-benders, and G-benders, and guitars with both, and then there are devices like the Bigsby Palm Pedal that allow for any and as many strings as you want. The genesis of the idea was to be able to bend a note up (or down) within a chord just like a pedal steel. Gene Parsons (then drummer for the Byrds) built it for Calrance White, they started with just the B, then added the G and the ability to switch to other other strings, I believe Marty Stuart keeps it set up for B and E.

In rock, you'll hear in from Led Zep to Metallica.

Last edited:
Yea man - it's all about bending one string while keeping the other strings at a constant pitch in a chord, or passing chord, or series of chords in a complex lead break. Sounds glorious. Can't do that with a whammy.

Check out the first solo in this:

The underlying premise w/ B benders and G Benders and all them benders is to make a Tele sound like a pedal steel guitar.

9d9f5f51e5a77902f12297bc96641135.jpg

Back