New Truck Day...

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Had to finally break down and get a vehicle, so like a true Texan, I got me anew truck... :toothy11:
36118015610_f65831dd48_b.jpg

GAW-LEE, Doug, I never woulda guessed-a dadgum truck! Well, nice one, man, and congratulations!
But do ya got a hound dog t'ride around with ya?? ENJOY!! A new ve-hickle is always a gas...oops, sorry...

Congrats. That's a really nice truck. Diesel I take it? You got exactly what I'd get if I bought a new one right now. But my '01 GMC only has about 70K on it so it still feels new. I got 150K+ out of the one before that.

Thanks guys, it's an awesome truck, 5.7 Hemi and it's not as bad on gas as you think. The engine is a multi displacement engine, it shut off 4 cyl's when the power is not being used. Rated at 15mpg city, 23 mpg hwy and that with all 8 banging...

Sounds really cool. I had a '49 Dodge pickup with a 6cyl engine that only used 3 cylinders. Of course, it wasn't designed that way.  :icon_biggrin:

Rgand said:
Sounds really cool. I had a '49 Dodge pickup with a 6cyl engine that only used 3 cylinders. Of course, it wasn't designed that way.  :icon_biggrin:
I'm sure it wasn't...or maybe it was, they may have known a lot more than we thought back then... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Thanks guys, it's an awesome truck, 5.7 Hemi and it's not as bad on gas as you think. The engine is a multi displacement engine, it shut off 4 cyl's when the power is not being used. Rated at 15mpg city, 23 mpg hwy and that with all 8 banging...
Curious as to what mileage you'll get out of it in practice. I currently drive a BMW X1 and I get something like 42 mpg - and that's including a couple of stints on the German Autobahn at around 120 mph... Ratings are weird, with some cars I got pretty close but some of them were just way off.

I don't think I could ever own a truck like that. They're just too ugly for me. Maybe it's my Australian blood speaking but I would take a Holden Ute 10/10 times over an American "pickup".

HSV-GEN-F2-Maloo-R8-LSA-Hero-lg.jpg

Has 410 kW of power, but costs at least 80 grand Australian. But you have to admit, it's beautiful isn't it?

One might argue that you're not comparing apples to apples. Calling that "Ute" a "truck" would be asking to stretch the definition very near the breaking point.

To be fair, we're not without sin here with what we call some of the vehicles up for sale, either. But, in the automotive manufacturer's defense, they're motivated to call just about anything they make a truck or an SUV to get out from under some of the ridiculous EPA regulations on vehicles. Still, some of what they call SUVs would last less than a minute if you ever tried to do anything sporty or utilitarian with them.

What Doug has there is A Truck, no question about it.

I actually like Doug's truck.

The Holden Ute, looks like it doesn't know what it is, so I do not find it appealing as a vehicle.

To me, that Ute is like a modern version of an El Camino. I don't think anyone would call that a truck. Nice enough, but as Cagey says a totally different kind of fruit.

Nice truck Doug, best of luck with it! In the best tradition of da Bronx, throw some change in the back, behind the front seat, supposed to be some kind of lucky mojo.
Loose-Change1-620x415.jpg

Here ya go. Sorry, but this is as close as I can get from here......

Cagey said:
One might argue that you're not comparing apples to apples. Calling that "Ute" a "truck" would be asking to stretch the definition very near the breaking point.

To be fair, we're not without sin here with what we call some of the vehicles up for sale, either. But, in the automotive manufacturer's defense, they're motivated to call just about anything they make a truck or an SUV to get out from under some of the ridiculous EPA regulations on vehicles. Still, some of what they call SUVs would last less than a minute if you ever tried to do anything sporty or utilitarian with them.

What Doug has there is A Truck, no question about it.
Agreed, a UTE/SUV no matter how it looks is not a truck...

BigSteve22 said:
Nice truck Doug, best of luck with it! In the best tradition of da Bronx, throw some change in the back, behind the front seat, supposed to be some kind of lucky mojo.
Loose-Change1-620x415.jpg

Here ya go. Sorry, but this is as close as I can get from here......
Thanks, Steve, will do... :icon_thumright:

Back