New Triumphant Neck

Cagey

Mythical Status
It's a good day for our friend Last Triumph, who ordered a lovely neck from Warmoth some time back. It's shown up here for a bit of attention before heading to Ol' Blighty for final assembly.

It's an absolutely gorgeous piece of work, and as usual the pictures don't do it justice. But, to get an idea...

IMG_1587_Sm.JPG

IMG_1597_Sm.JPG

IMG_1594_Sm.JPG

IMG_1596_Sm.JPG

It's a Vintage Modern style Maccassar Ebony over Indian Rosewood with a quilted Maple veneer Warmoth headstock that's been finished in a copperhead burst and fretted with 6150-sized gold frets that start off with a black Graphtech nut and are marked off with pearloid trap inlays. I should also mention it's a conversion neck, at 25.75" scale. Very nice part, and just breathtaking coming out of the box.

I'm going to install stainless steel threaded inserts for mounting, some gold Schaller Mini-Lockers, and level/crown/dress/polish the frets so it'll be ready to go as soon as a willing body shows up.

edit: corrected description

Looks  :glasses9: Darn fine to me  :icon_thumright:

Hey Cagey .... isn't that the one you we're going to sell to me ?  :icon_jokercolor:

Updown said:
Hey Cagey .... isn't that the one you we're going to sell to me ?  :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah, it was. But, while I was out for a bit my roommate caught the Rottweiller using it as a chew toy, so she wrestled it away from him and threw it in the fireplace so he wouldn't chip his teeth on it. I'm afraid all that's left is a charred truss rod and some mangled bits that were probably frets.

supplements_rottweiler.jpg

If it wasn't mine, ya shouldn't've brought it in the house. Bitch.

Cagey said:
Updown said:

Yeah, it was. But, while I was out for a bit my roommate caught the Rottweiller using it as a chew toy, so she wrestled it away from him and threw it in the fireplace so he wouldn't chip his teeth on it. I'm afraid all that's left is a charred truss rod and some mangled bits that were probably frets.

supplements_rottweiler.jpg

If it wasn't mine, ya shouldn't've brought it in the house. Bitch.

ROFL .... ROFL ...... ROFL

I wouldn't know. I found him (her?) on Google. We're just trying to give Last Triumph an anxiety attack <grin>

O...M...F...G...!  :glasses9:

What can I possibly say to that?

:blob7:

For the record, the finish is custom Copperhead which I had to pay extra for as it wasn't available on the VIP and wood combo I chose.
The freboard is a select choice piece of Maccassar Ebony.

I really don't know what to say, I'm lost for words.

The Indian Rosewood neck looks, well, just incredible and I'm delighted with how the trapezoid inlays look too as they were the only bit I wasn't 100% on when I ordered, but now I'vew seen them, they really look high end and will really suit the VIP and iveroid body binding.

Can't wait to see it with the gold Schallers on!

Cheers Cagey.

Wait'll you see it in real life. I'm not kidding - I not only smiled when I unwrapped it, I actually laughed out loud and I'm here all by myself. It's a super-fine part.

It's the body I can't wait to see as well  - carved top VIP in copperhead with select choice maple quilt and iveroid binding and a trans brown rear.

Got some twin gold bobbin dimarzio's on the way, gotoh 510 gold wrap around bridge, and gold strings!  :headbang1:

Sounds delicious! I predict you're going to be reluctant to play the thing, and have to build something more pedestrian for your day-to-day banging around. Keep your eye on the "Screamin' Deals" in the showcase.

Cagey said:
Sounds delicious! I predict you're going to be reluctant to play the thing, and have to build something more pedestrian for your day-to-day banging around. Keep your eye on the "Screamin' Deals" in the showcase.

I don't play very often - this is just a trophy to replace the Les Paul I had to sell a couple of years ago to help fund a classic car I was restoring at the time.

It'll get an hour or two a week if that.

I'm currently building a drag race car at the moment so there's no money left for second guitars for a while.

If I ever build another, it'll be a vintage white / maple neck rear loaded strat hard tail with trembuckers - but that's for the future.

Interesting choice, and similar to what I chose to build after I put together a couple showpieces like what you're building. Mine's Alpine White, with an Ebony over Pau Ferro neck. Lovely guitar. I'm sorta half-assed looking to sell it, though, so when you get the urge...

Cagey said:
Interesting choice, and similar to what I chose to build after I put together a couple showpieces like what you're building. Mine's Alpine White, with an Ebony over Pau Ferro neck. Lovely guitar. I'm sorta half-assed looking to sell it, though, so when you get the urge...

Ah, but I'm an awkward lefy that only play's 24.75" scales!  :binkybaby:  :icon_biggrin:

Someone accidentally put the sidedots & nut on the wrong side!

It's looking pretty good, even with the fret color and the pending tuning machines.

AutoBat said:
Someone accidentally put the sidedots & nut on the wrong side!

Yeah, I know. Silly Brits.

ZiggyStardust.jpg

"He played it left hand, but made it too far.
Became the special man... then we were Ziggy's band!

So, where were the Spiders
while The Flies tried to break our balls?
Just the beer light to guide us,
so we bitched about his fans and should we crush his sweet hands?"

AutoBat said:
It's looking pretty good, even with the fret color and the pending tuning machines.

Oh, hush. You know you like gold. You just pretend you don't because you have Alien sweat that eats it for breakfast.

This thing's gonna be a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind piece that's gonna make everybody drool.

Just spoke with Spike at Warmoth who said "Oh, you're the "VIP Guy".....  :toothy12:

I think my guitar body has caused a bit of a stir up there.

He confirmed it will ship by Tuesday! 

I asked him what it was like and he said "Well it sure doesn't suck"  :icon_thumright:

Just as a reminder of the wood I chose for the body....

LT1051a.jpg

Back