New Telecaster Neck!

BCrete603

Hi all,

I have received the first piece of my first build and I couldn't be more excited! This was in the showcase a while ago and could not resist. It is a walnut neck with a flame maple fingerboard. My pictures don't do it justice but I am very pleased.

I also recently put in my order for a custom telecaster body. It will have a flame maple top on a chambered walnut body. I know the website approximates 8 to 10 weeks for custom orders to ship. Have you guys found that is a fair estimate or have you gotten some bodies before or after that timeline? I cannot wait for that to arrive!  :toothy10:

Thanks as always,
B

Attachments

• IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 305
Nice get! They don't make many necks in that combination.

Ship times are usually pretty close to quote. Sometimes they're a little early but the finish work takes the time it's gonna take and there's not much you can do about it. I think even if the shop was empty and your body was the only thing in the pipeline it would still take 6-7 weeks.

Very cool neck. I don't think I've seen such a neck before. Like Cagey said, good catch.

My first order took a couple of days shy of seven weeks to arrive. My second order on the other hand took exactly five weeks.
So, in a nutshell, it may differ.

Nice neck!
Logrinn said:
So, in a nutshell, it may differ.
As for delivery times, It's as Logrinn said. My Jazzmaster neck was ordered 8/26/16, and shipped 9/25/16, just three day short of five weeks.
Cagey said:
...the finish work takes the time it's gonna take and there's not much you can do about it.
It takes what it takes...... Welcome to the waiting club!
:headbang:

Thank you all for the compliments/feedback. I have enjoyed going through the forum and seeing all of your custom builds. A lot of beautiful guitars here. :)

Thanks,
B

This will be very interesting on a guitar. It certainly won't be your run-of-the-mill axe. It opens up many different possibilities.

Back