So here's what I'm planning to do.
THIS
warstrat1.jpg

WITH THIS
stratneck1.jpg

stratneck2.jpg

i also found a place for fender decals
61StratDecal.jpg

all vintage style parts. so vintage vibe with a modern feel.

hey

you gonna go with the black pearloid pickguard they suggested in the showcase? would look sweet

Brian

Vintage vibe?  Go mint green for the pickguard! It will look sensational believe me.  :blob7:

definitely going with the mint green. the black would be more of a '70s or '80s vibe im going for a 60's vibe the decal would denote a 1961 strat.

warcripp said:
definitely going with the mint green. the black would be more of a '70s or '80s vibe im going for a 60's vibe the decal would denote a 1961 strat.

Outstanding!  :toothy10: What vintage style hardware are you thinking of, Callaham perhaps? Their tremolo bridges are reportedly excellent. I'm going to have to try one myself one of these guitars days.

no i was just going to go all warmoth parts but those callaham parts look pretty cool.

Warmoth have supplied me with almost all my hardware over a dozen or so builds and I have yet to find fault with anything so you should be pretty confident your strat will turn out beautifully :headbang:

Nice!!!  I don't know what it is, but the strat is about the only guitar that I love to see a solid color on!  :icon_scratch:  Let's make sure we see some completed pics, now OK?

yeah give me about six months to put this thing together. buying a little at a time. first the neck.

:hello2: I think that grain looks gorgeous!  The linear aspect will flow right into the neck.  That's a nice piece of wood, pal.  I'm not a fan of hollowing, but the grain looks great.  Best of luck with the project.

Relayer said:
:hello2: I think that grain looks gorgeous!  The linear aspect will flow right into the neck.  That's a nice piece of wood, pal.  I'm not a fan of hollowing, but the grain looks great.  Best of luck with the project.

:icon_scratch:

willyk said:
Relayer said:

:icon_scratch:
The fun part is figuring out which thread he THOUGHT he was replying to...

:toothy12:

willyk said:
ibob74 said:
My guess is g2's swamp ash predicament.

+1 that  (great, lefty, minds think alike!) :icon_thumright:

haha yea...that's where he must have meant to post that

i read that and was like...huh??? the body shown here is painted!!!

;)

I'm in the club that feels like copying a Fender decal is the worst thing in the world you can do.  I'm going to proudly put Warmoth on any Warmoth build I finally get around to building; seems like a Sonic Blue Hardtail Strat for starters (my dream guitar).

Only the Fenders I have bought should have a Fender logos.  No need to muddy up the market with fakes.  My "home made" Warmoth will have a Warmoth logo...or a custom logo that says Tyler (my name) or some other "brand" name that is specifically me.

Just my $0.02

100% agreement. I cannot imagine giving Fender credit for Warmoth's (and my...) craftsmanship.

Warmoth decal here, if you please.

And, my only remaining Fender (after two marriages) is the Pewter American Standard Stratocaster I bought in 1987!  That's Felix The Strat, heavily modified (Warmoth pickguard, SD Jazz Neck, SD Custom Bridge, Megaswitch with PRS wiring).

Why...here's Felix!
2144929217_ec0af22a42.jpg

Back