New Soloist Carved Top Body just arrived!

ch4os82

After months of waiting the body has finally arrived, thank you Warmoth.  :yourock:

Attachments

• soloistct01.png
    soloistct01.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 562
  • soloistct02.png
    soloistct02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 356
  • soloistct03.png
    soloistct03.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 499
Toulouse_Tuhles said:
I think that body would look nice mated with a dark fretboard and a black peghead.
The neck is a roasted maple with dark rosewood board. No black peghead tho but the roasted maple is quite dark yellowish brownish in color

Very nice.

I must admit I was somewhat surprised to see the option for a 6 screw tremolo bridge. But that is what is cool about having the choice you can get what you want.

stratamania said:
Very nice.

I must admit I was somewhat surprised to see the option for a 6 screw tremolo bridge. But that is what is cool about having the choice you can get what you want.
Yeah been asking back and forth with warmoth on their opinion on the 6 screw tremolo option on a soloist carved top if it is viable before deciding on it. Glad I did, somebody on their side had tested it out and they even sent me pic of their own instrument that had these option installed so I feel assured it will work.

MKA said:
stratamania said:
Very nice.

Yeah been asking back and forth with warmoth on their opinion on the 6 screw tremolo option on a soloist carved top if it is viable before deciding on it. Glad I did, somebody on their side had tested it out and they even sent me pic of their own instrument that had these option installed so I feel assured it will work.

There is no reason it should not work its just probably the less chosen option on a Soloist.

stratamania said:
MKA said:
stratamania said:
Very nice.

There is no reason it should not work its just probably the less chosen option on a Soloist.
You're right. It is the least chosen option on a carved top soloist. Been looking around for examples of it but there's almost none to be found.  :doh:

The Soloist is designed to be a wankin' crankin' lead guitar, with likely a lotta bending/stretching/wide-range vibrato going on, along with allowing the instrument to stay in tune for a whole song. Those 6-screw units aren't exactly designed for that kind of duty.

Cagey said:
The Soloist is designed to be a wankin' crankin' lead guitar, with likely a lotta bending/stretching/wide-range vibrato going on, along with allowing the instrument to stay in tune for a whole song. Those 6-screw units aren't exactly designed for that kind of duty.
True enough. Design this around my playing capabilities and liking. Even the 6-screw trem will be setup flush with the body as a dive only setup like my other guitar so no crazy whammy action going on there. Gonna make this the opposite of a wailing wanking soaring lead guitar  :toothy10:

Beautiful! After working on the finish for my bare body, I'm starting to think it would be well worth the extra $ to have Warmoth finish it!  :laughing7:

It's more than worth it to have Warmoth put a finish on a body when you buy one. If you want to do some extra work on the body after you get it, then you have to do your own finish or send it to one of the specialty finish places or someone who does that.

Rgand said:
It's more than worth it to have Warmoth put a finish on a body when you buy one. If you want to do some extra work on the body after you get it, then you have to do your own finish or send it to one of the specialty finish places or someone who does that.
Agreed. I don't have any skill nor patience to do my own finishing. So my money goes to others who are more skillfull in that area. Don't want to waiste an already good looking wood with mediocre attempt at finishing.

Back