New position title beyond "Master Member"?

Day-mun

As Cagey is nearing a nice, even 15000 posts (-and Dangerous R6 hot on his heals), I am wondering if there should be something beyond Master Member... -Something like Guru Member or Extreme Member, perhaps?  :laughing7:

Jedi Master
918e261518cdc87edad3b3c6ee160afe.jpg

How about "opinionated crotchety old geezer". Not that I'm that far off. But I have slowed up

Sometimes, a new title or the recognition of your peers can make your day. But, usually it takes money or sex  :laughing7:

Out of 8181 members, only 16 are "Master" level. I don't think the title has been diluted to the point where we need any more distinction.

Cagey said:
Out of 8181 members, only 16 are "Master" level. I don't think the title has been diluted to the point where we need any more distinction.

Right you are, Cagey. We stink enough as it is.

Wow. I been laying back on purpose lately because I figured I was out of whack with posts to number of guitars built. I didn't realize there was another level to attain

swarfrat said:
... I figured I was out of whack with posts to number of guitars built.

That has nothing to do with anything. The forum is for sharing knowledge, experience, anecdotes, opinions, etc. In other words, helping others and improving our skills. At least, that's the way I've always looked at it. It also has the pleasant side-effect (for Warmoth) of exposing and popularizing their products and services.

KG, -members like you are indispensable to this online community! The help and insight that is shared in your generous contributions keeps this forum alive; I've nothing but admiration for your activity on the 'boards. -Just thought it was 'bout time to draw attention to the impressive number of posts that go largely unnoticed under a few members' names...

-Many thanks and hats off to you and Doug; you guys are in a league of your own!  :eek:ccasion14:

...Golden Jedi Guru of Danger Members?  :icon_scratch:

I agree with Cagey .. Master is sufficient  perhaps when there are at least 25 at Master  a Supreme Master  or Saiko Shihan  would be cool .

High School Metal Head.
Associate DIY'er.
Bachelor of Guitar Arts or Bachelor of Guitar Sciences. (In which the difference really comes down to differences of opinion in one or two threads.)
Master of Luthiery.
Doctor of Something That I Am Not Witty Enough To Think Of. (Option in applied danger.)

Doctoral research topics include, but are not limited to:
-The effects of gold hardware on the opinions of internet-dwellers.
-Philosophy and ethics of reverse headstocks.
-Political applications of relicing.

Back