new P-Bass just arrived

Bob Hoover Ross

Warmoth-P-out-of-box.jpg

neck and body both from the showcase: tobacco sunburst Swamp Ash, and quarter-sawn Brazilian Ebony (w/ a Brazilian Ebony fingerboard)

All other parts are still incoming:
- Lindy Fralin pickup
- Gotoh 201 bridge
- Schaller BML tuners
- tort pickguard

This is my third Warmoth, but the first one I'll have ever actually put together myself: The first one I bought second-hand as a complete bass, the second one I designed but then due to some rather unusual and complex wood shaping requirements I had a local luthier do all the work.

I am fully prepared to have to bring this one in to a pro after I've fudged it up, but I'm looking forward to starting the fudge process!

That's a nice looking body/neck combination. Congrats. Looking forward to the progress pics.

Great look. I am curious if you like the pickups. I am just starting another build and I am going with the same pickups. How is the project going.

Bob Darby said:
Great look. I am curious if you like the pickups. I am just starting another build and I am going with the same pickups. How is the project going.

Thanks. Too soon to tell, it's only been completely functional for 3 days so I haven't gigged with it or even played it with an ensemble yet.

Sounds archetypal just noodling alone in my room though.  :bananaguitar:

I should have more data after next Wednesday's session.

Bob Hoover Ross said:
Bob Darby said:

Thanks. Too soon to tell, it's only been completely functional for 3 days so I haven't gigged with it or even played it with an ensemble yet.

Sounds archetypal just noodling alone in my room though.  :bananaguitar:

I should have more data after next Wednesday's session.

Well, verdict is: It sounds like a P Bass!

Like a really freakin' nice P Bass. How nice? Two songs into our rehearsal the drummer -- who's also a bassist -- offered to buy it from me.

Back