New Mooncaster Just Finished

wicksy3077

Hi Everyone

Newbie here, and I thought id just post a few pics of my newly completed Mooncaster

It Has Pickups from the Creamery in Manchester England, Fender locking tuners, Bourne's Blue Pots, the neck is a Pau Ferro Strat shape with Pau Ferro Fingerboard, unfinished. It has stainless frets

I bought the body and neck finished, id been looking at a Mooncaster after I bought my Fender Starcaster and finally bit the bullet!!

Attachments

• IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 3,974
  • IMG_1376.JPG
    IMG_1376.JPG
    691.1 KB · Views: 2,884
  • IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    600.8 KB · Views: 1,710
Very cool way to introduce yourself. I have a metallic finish Mooncaster on my 'to do but can't afford list' and that's certainly not putting me off the idea!

That neck is absolutely amazing too.

Holy mackerel, that neck is beautiful. Love the cream binding with the metallic blue, too. Nice job!  :icon_thumright:

That's a lovely piece.  Welcome aboard.  I've been wondering about those Creamery pups for some time - I'll be interested in hearing your views on them.  Great entry!

Great looking guitar! I plan on building one in the future.

I've been trying to learn from the W site with no luck. Which Warmoth necks are compatible with the Mooncaster body?

Cary

PickinPaddler said:
Which Warmoth necks are compatible with the Mooncaster body?

Not Tele, 7/8 Warhead or Mustang/Jaguar necks. Apart from that, the sky's your lobster.

PickinPaddler said:
I've been trying to learn from the W site with no luck. Which Warmoth necks are compatible with the Mooncaster body?
Most of them as it has a standard Strat heel pocket.  Ones that won't work are Tele (heel shape is different), Mustang/Jaguar because of scale length differences, the 7/8 series (because they're for 7/8 bodies), and obviously the 7 string and bass necks.

Hey Gents

Thanks for all your kind reply's, its really nice that people like guitar.

I had a few hum issues when I first plugged it in, so I went back and rewired it, added copper tape in the pickup and control cavities, changed all the signal wires to screened, and basically spend the best part of a day alternating between almost getting it right and wanting to throw it out there window!!!

eventually got everything right, so I thought i'd add a picture of the control cavity so that anyone else building a Mooncaster can see what i needed to do to get it nice and quiet  :icon_thumright:

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    772.6 KB · Views: 1,271
I have GOT to get one of these somehow, but my bank account has been extremely uncooperative this entire, toothy year. Put more money into dental work this year than in the rest of my entire life. The only way I'm getting my ROI on these is to start biting people. Blue Moony in '15!

Very nice. Love The Creamery's pickups, having tried many of their models they and Catswhisker are the only pickups I'll use now. (At least in terms of passives.)

Have been wanting a solid, metallic-finished Star/Mooncaster for a while now. Maybe if I can convince Warmoth to make me one without binding, I'll have one myself soon :icon_thumright:

Just came across your thread, great Mooncaster, hope mine comes out half as good.
I'd be pleased if you could let me know what toggle switch you used, and any tricks for installing it.

Gorgeous. I've been thinking about doing a blue Mooncaster for a while now and this is really close to what I've got in mind. Well done man and congratulations.

Now if we could just get the Big W to do a different bridge on the MC... (hint, hint, nudge, nudge...)

363261912.jpg

No?

I was thinking of the Wilkinson or American Standard actually. It's interesting because if you use the custom builder to mock up a VIP, those are options for bridges, but not so with the Mooncaster. At least not yet.

Back