New Maple Neck Arrived

AllThumbs

The unfinished maple neck I ordered custom has arrived.  1-3/4" with boat profile which I knew would be too much but wanted something to work with on shaping.  I have already taken off about 100 mils off the back by rounding the shape and in the final tweaking stage.  I have the neck mounted for test and amazed at the amount of sustain.   Truly awesome and comfy.  I will do final shaping on all neck purchases in the future.  Plan to finish in nitro.  Scott

Strat_Neck.jpg

Thanks everyone.  I started finishing the neck this past weekend.   I tried to copy the amber color of my Eric Johnson neck and got pretty close so onward to finishing it up.   The EJ is on the bottom and the new Warmoth neck on top.  Not bad for a $207 neck including nut!  Has a bunch of birds eye, a few flames, and a curl or two . Scott

Warmoth_Maple_Color.jpg

Nice work on the color match.  Plus a great upgrade from the standard neck.  :icon_thumright:

hi. i'm building a eric johnson sig. clone and was thinking of getting the boatneck to start with. how close is the boat to the johnson profile? do you think this is the right profile to start with and how hard would it be to sand it to make it as close as possible? your opinions would be very helpful and aprreciated.
thanks

Back