New LP body is here!

That is a sexy LP.  I'd go for a clear to brown or that red with the amber center looks great too. 

Cute pup!  I hope I can get a puppy later this year.  Been too quiet around here. 

hannaugh said:
That is a sexy LP.  I'd go for a clear to brown or that red with the amber center looks great too. 

Cute pup!  I hope I can get a puppy later this year.  Been too quiet around here.
You should get a new puppy, you've had a lousy year as far as pets go...

i am still trying to figure out the board's fascination with purple guitars...to each his own...peace  :eek:ccasion14:

i was thinking a light brown to clear burst...clear gloss on the back...and you would have a classy axe
that you won't be afraid to bring out into public...lol (that was not a slam on purple guitars at all:)

i remember that lp in the showcase a while ago...i was tempted...no funds in the guitar piggy bank
right now...i like seeing the showcase items without the treatment that warmoth puts on them to
make the grain stand out better (i think they just use a little water to make the grain pop in the pics?)

either way, your flame needs no help...it's a beaut!  i wanna see progress on this baby...

deajo said:
i am still trying to figure out the board's fascination with purple guitars...to each his own...peace  :eek:ccasion14:
Most of us didn't start out thinking that until we've seen many examples of what the finish can do.

Right. 2 years ago, I would have laughed at the very idea of a purple guitar. But, Warmoth has shown where that's a viable and attractive color choice. I'll still never get metal flake, though.

My vote is for brown to clear burst. Whatever you pick is gonna rock.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks everybody! It should be in Tonar's hands by the end of the day today, so you know he'll put some magic into the thing :icon_biggrin: I'm really excited about this one!

Cagey said:
Right. 2 years ago, I would have laughed at the very idea of a purple guitar. But, Warmoth has shown where that's a viable and attractive color choice. I'll still never get metal flake, though.

i am not dismissing the color entirely, nor am i mocking it...i am surprised at the volume of purple guitars coming out of warmoth...i think of it as a less traditional color, and alot of people are pretty obsessed with tradition...lol...i will never say never...if i was to build a purple guitar, it would have to be a soloist...with lime green pickups, reverse strat headstock and a floyd that screams 80's hair metal...

back to the paul...brown to clear...seriously...it would be killer...cheers!

deajo said:
...and alot of people are pretty obsessed with tradition...lol...

Extremely true. I'll always be surprised at the number of people who decide to go Warmoth, could have any number of custom details on their guitars (parts, pickups, finishes) and decide to build a vintage replica of something. Granted, I've thought many times about a nice butterscotch Telecaster :icon_biggrin: and may well have one from them one day, but it still surprises me!

JaySwear said:
deajo said:
...and alot of people are pretty obsessed with tradition...lol...

Extremely true. I'll always be surprised at the number of people who decide to go Warmoth, could have any number of custom details on their guitars (parts, pickups, finishes) and decide to build a vintage replica of something. Granted, I've thought many times about a nice butterscotch Telecaster :icon_biggrin: and may well have one from them one day, but it still surprises me!

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Jayswear?

Got it! Very nice!  :icon_thumright: I'm just waiting to firm up some details with Jay and then I'll start a finishing thread on it.

Tonar8353 said:
Got it! Very nice!  :icon_thumright: I'm just waiting to firm up some details with Jay and then I'll start a finishing thread on it.

I can't wait!

Back