New J-Bass : blue dyed quilted maple on alder and ziricote on flame maple

Death by Uberschall said:
Max said:
Hate to say it, Mike, but that top's finish looks even better than Blue's  :laughing7:

You made "Blue" cry  :sad:

Tele%20014.JPG

Sorry, but it appears as though "Blue" is missing a Tone knob! You should fix that up, before somebody sees him and he becomes embarrassed!

Death by Uberschall said:
Got all the tone it needs. Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

But that is still a killer bass!!   :headbang1:

Yes, of course! This is just casual conversaion as we wait impatiently for pictures of the finished product! It would be a shame for this to fall down the forum and be forgotten!

Holey Moley, that is one of the prettiest quilt dyes I have ever seen. I love the color.  :hello2:

Death by Uberschall, yours is gorgeous as well !

To "Blue" : don't cry sweetie, you're one of my favorites  :eek:ccasion14:

dNA said:
nice. There's a Dinky P that looks like that in the showcase that's been there for a while. i almost bought it, too. very cool

what pickups are you putting in? I'm curious to hear the J/MM configuration in action

Auxan is going to put DELANO's (bridge and neck)

bendeg said:
dNA said:
nice. There's a Dinky P that looks like that in the showcase that's been there for a while. i almost bought it, too. very cool

what pickups are you putting in? I'm curious to hear the J/MM configuration in action

Auxan is going to put DELANO's (bridge and neck)

Yes :
http://www.delano.de  JMVC 4 FE/M2 + MC 4 FE with a Noll TCM3 preamp !

Marko said:
knucklehead G said:
I love the bass, but there is no excuse for that table.

He is from Wallonia, that's acceptable over there :)

LOL, you're gonna hurt my girlfriend, she's proud of that tablecloth ! LOOOL, just kidding...I've already ruined it while preparing my home-made PASTIS, a few alcohol 90° drops fell on it and the ink disappeared...LOL

Here's another view of the body that shows off better I think (no tablecloth...) and if you look carefully, above the neck pickup there're very light white circles, like it wasn't well finished, this is really strange, you can only see it at a specific light angle...

"Blue" has a couple spots where the grain didn't absorb as much dye and it could have, but it's not like a patch of missing dye, it just looks a little light on the grain lines. You probably have the same thing.

bendeg said:
Here's another view of the body that shows off better I think (no tablecloth...) and if you look carefully, above the neck pickup there're very light white circles, like it wasn't well finished, this is really strange, you can only see it at a specific light angle...

well if you want you could send the body to me and icould "refinish" it for you Patrick Sims style  :icon_jokercolor:

I don't see anything that looks like inconsistency in the finish, but maybe it's subjective

Back