New custom Warmoth - how do I ground this bridge?

AndrewLanich

Hello all!

I just ordered my first custom Warmoth body! But after placing my order (doh!) I realized that the Warmoth JM pickguard doesnt extend to the bridge. So how do I go about grounding the bridge?  :dontknow:

PS - Never done this before, all I know is forums everywhere keep saying that you need to ground the bridge haha!

Thanks all  :toothy10:

(Posted this in Wiring/Electronics too, since its both Brand New anddddd a wiring question! If thats not okay, forgive me mods!!!)

MY BODY!!!:

35l81le.png

There may be a lot better answers than mine, but what I would do is use a long 1/8" bit I have to drill a hole from under where the bridge will sit, through the wall of the control cavity, to come out in the general area between the volume and tone knobs.

If you get that built, there will be a small hole drilled by warmoth to run a ground wire to the control cavity.

This is what they did with mine.  We'll, my 'Fender' XII actually.  Almost the same bridge on the same body.

^^ yep. look for a small hole for the ground wire to reach either the bridge route or the control route (probably the latter)

Thank you both of you, that is exactly what I was wondering! If they drill it for me, I will be the happiest person alive!

My Jazz was pre-drilled (However I dont know if being a rear rout would have been the reason or whether its stock on all builds).

Back