neck selector switch

ckdoublenecks

I need input from someone who really knows guitar wiring wiring.  I have a bass over guitar doubleneck unit with dual output jacks, each with completely independant controls.  I want to install a switch to: (up position) switch to bass only or (middle position) leave both guitars on or (down position) switch to the guitar only.  Help will really be appreciated.  Thanks ion advance.

You can use any 3-way switch, like a LP switch.  Pretend each guitar is a pickup.

I think you're saying instead of wiring the pickups to the pot, wire them to a side of the switch and from the middle of the switch to the pots?

That would work. You could also wire each side's output (from the pots) to the switch, and then to the jack.

BUT - you said you had dual outputs, so I assume one is for the bass, one is for the guitar. If that's the case, then DBW's suggestion wouldn't work.

You need a DPDT switch, one with six posts. The switching mechanism doesn't matter, it just needs to have two sets of three. Connect the bass' output to one side, and the guitar's to the other side. That said, I imagine you might have some grounding issues with that setup, but A) I could be wrong, and B) I can't think of another way to do it.

Edit - On my diagram, "signal" would have been a better wording choice than output. So keep that in mind in case it's confusing. :)

Oh, I understand what you're trying to do.  Exalted's post is right.  It needs to be an ON-ON-ON DPDT switch.

You need a DPDT switch, one with six posts. The switching mechanism doesn't matter, it just needs to have two sets of three. Connect the bass' output to one side, and the guitar's to the other side. That said, I imagine you might have some grounding issues with that setup, but A) I could be wrong, and B) I can't think of another way to do it.

Edit - On my diagram, "signal" would have been a better wording choice than output. So keep that in mind in case it's confusing.
====================================================================
So far only the above is confusing - LOL,  the wiring for this unit is at this url -
www.ckdoublenecks.com/selectorswitch.html .
I follow wiring diagrams well..not so well spoken and written directions.  These units feel, play and sound great but I have been trying for months to resolve the issue of the neck selector switch. I really appreciate your help with this and if I get this resolved, all the other forums in my "favorites" are history.

You have a website saying you build and sell double necks, but you need help with this simple wiring problem...  ???

CK,

If you stick around a while, you'll see the bunch of folks here are genuinely helpful and there's a lot of friendly banter.  There's no need to tell the folks that just helped you to 'shove it.'

Well..... that just ain't neighborly...  Stick around and meet the neighborhood.

Back