neck blank slightly tourqed

I bought a neck blank from Warmoth for a build I am doing. I am in Kansas so I was kind of afraid there would be some problems with the moisture changing in the wood between Washington and here.  Its nothing that cant be fixed by running it through the planner a couple times but I am afraid that there will be more changes as I work with the wood. Does anyone know if the wood is kiln dried or how they treat their blanks?  Its just a chunk of maple.

Yes they're kiln-dried.  I dunno if they're sealed or anything.  Best to call and ask tomorrow.

I cut and make my own neck blanks and that problem happens to me once in a while. My stuff is air dried so it's probably even worse than kiln dried. I'v also noticed that a piece will stay flat until I start working it. I recently started working on a cherry neck which twisted on me right after I cut the truss rod slot. The piece was flat sawn and had been sitting in a barn for more than 20 years. I wish it would have gone better because it had a beautiful flame to it. It's always a crap shoot I guess.

Back