My Warmoth SG - Done!

Jon

Hey, well, after nearly a year of planning and collecting parts, it's finally done!  I just got it back from the shop today, it plays amazingly.  Definitely the best guitar I've ever played.

3299719728_2d8a58aa64.jpg

3299720766_8b43f7777f.jpg

It's a mahogany body with a flame maple top, finished in red dye with black burst over.  The neck is birdseye maple with an ebony board and veneer.
The pickups are all Seymour Duncan: Invader, Hot Rails, Alnico II - each has its own volume, and 1 master tone.  The Hot Rail acts kind of like a bass/mid boost, because it can only be added to one of the other 2. 
I'll try to get sound clips or a video up of it soon.
Thanks everyone for your help!

:headbang1:

Man that is an amazing SG.  As I've said before, I don't care for 3 pickups or Floyds, but it's STILL an amazing SG.

Cheers dude!  :eek:ccasion14:

Hey, nice guitar. Not my personal style but looks original and I'm sure it rocks hard.
My suggestion: If you re-wire the volumes to be independent of each other like a J-bass, you should be able to get the hot rails by itself. I assume the neck and bridge pickups go pup -> vol -> 3 way -> master tone -> jack, right? And the hot rails just goes pup-> vol -> master tone -> jack.
Swap the input and output lugs on each of the volume controls, then when your 3way is in middle position, you can get any combo you want just by messing with the three volume controls.

very nice.  the finish and neck are AWESOME!  Evil lookiing.  I like the idea of the floyd but the middle PU is throwing me a curve....

Great outcome...I bet it sings!

how do you have all three pups working with just a three way switch? Do you even combine the pups or are they only heard individually?

rockskate4x said:
how do you have all three pups working with just a three way switch? Do you even combine the pups or are they only heard individually?

If I remember right it has three Vols and Master tone.  The toggle works like normal with the bridge and neck pickup.  The middle pickup vol is wired parallel with the the switch.  The middle pickup volume can be rolled all the way on or off without effecting the other two.

Man I love this guitar... those are awesome color choices on top of that flame maple... I think I want to do a strat with white pickguard and black knobs and pickups in the same way.... but chrome hardware...

Choice of pickups MAKE that guitar....

Looks like you stole Satan's axe to me  :guitaristgif:

Back