My Warmoth les Pauls

Kostas said:
How did you fit a tele singlecoil+hotrail in the bridge position?

I fiddled a bit, and the 2 flat sides of the pickups are next to eachother. Under the top (so you can't see it) I routed a bit so the pertruding area of the pickup falls under the top.

dude, that is totally badass, mixing hotrails with standard single-coils. what a brilliant invention!! however, i was unde the impression that the hotrails had a blade? i definitely think that i'll be "borrowing" the idea for a later project. i imagine you have coil taps then to split to the normal singles?

i can;t get over that. pure genius.

+1 for pinch harmonics!

rightintheface said:
dude, that is totally badass, mixing hotrails with standard single-coils. what a brilliant invention!! however, i was unde the impression that the hotrails had a blade? i definitely think that i'll be "borrowing" the idea for a later project. i imagine you have coil taps then to split to the normal singles?

i can;t get over that. pure genius.

+1 for pinch harmonics!
yeah, you really get the true single coil. its even more exotic: I have a fender 4 way blade installed (I actually have to put in a second one...) so I can choose the singlecoil, the hotrail, both in series and both parallel. thats for the bridge. For the neck I Only have have a 3 way toggle that gives me singlecoil/both series/hotrail.

ps: and indeed, the hotrails are the literally 'rail-pickups', with blades :)

Back