My "to be built" blues guitar

@ Mayflown,

no, I haven't ordered the body yet, but the Deluxe Tele on has the 2 HB option and no other, oh sorry, I just see now you are as well talking about the pickguard options here. 

@ Cagey

what do you think of the "Dream 180"?  That PU seems to be nice as well.... At least the description sounds nice.

Bye  JULIA

Hmmm

You're right - the body builder does not have it. But- warmoth can probably do it, or do something similar, if you ask .

juwel1998 said:
The thought of the contours is cool, but what about the binding I want to have? I will not be able to get it neither on top nor on the bottom.
I know I want it all. Nice looks, comfortable to play, great sound.........

Sure I want a comfortable instrument, please all of you don't get me wrong, but what can I do concerning the perloid binding I want to have on top and bottom.
Any of you have maybe any advices?

Here's all I'm gonna say.  I've got the ivoroid binding on my LP and comfort contours on my Strat.  I play my Strat about 80% more often than my LP because it's not hell on my ribs. 

You might want to just do the masked binding.  They can do that with the contours and it looks like a million bucks. 

On the contours, what I like is the one in the back for your ribs, but on the front I like the nice square edge to rest my forearm on - I can play better on a guitar like that. But then, there's at least a half-dozen things I don't like about Stratocasters, and some people have managed to muddle through on them regardless of my insights. :icon_scratch:

Regarding pickups, there are a lot of people making P90-sounding pickups that fit in standard humbucking routes. One good reason to stick with the regular humbucking and strat-sized routing is it's easier to change pickups, if you're like most people you always hope to find talent-in-a-box!

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/specialized/specialized-instruments/sph901_phat_cat/
Recommended for country, jazz, blues, rockabilly, classic rock and heavy rock.

Damn - and I wanted it to play my opera licks.... :sad1:

Edit: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ->
Oh goody! Here's 165,000 more:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=p90+humbucker+size+pickups&pbx=1&oq=p90+humbucking+sized&aq=1lv&aqi=g-l1g-lv1&aql=1&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=0l0l1l9246l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=68fe21dd632e9a4e&biw=1024&bih=629

DiMarzio, Rio Grande, Lindy Fralin, Gibson, GFS, Bareknuckle... surely there'll be a good opera pickup in all that.  :icon_thumright:

juwel1998 said:
what do you think of the "Dream 180"?  That PU seems to be nice as well.... At least the description sounds nice.

I don't know what they sound like. You're right; the description sounds nice. But then, the descriptions always do. I think I may try a set on an upcoming build. For what a pair cost, you can barely buy a single used DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan. My experience with GFS pickups in the past has been very satisfying, so I'm not worried about quality at all. They make very good stuff. Whether I'll like the sound remains to be heard. But, that's always the case no matter who makes the pickups. Even with a pickup you know you like, it will sound different in a different guitar.

I haven't had a H/S guitar yet, but based on my playing and tastes, I'm really looking forward to my next guitar having a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck position. Looking at that Dream 180, I think it'd probably be awesome to put one of those in the bridge and put a single coil like the Dream 90 or Surf 90 in the neck position. I haven't tried the GFS pickups, but I've heard nothing but good things about them (except from naysayers who claim that they can't be good purely because they're not made in the US) and if you're on a budget they sound like an excellent place to start.

A few months ago I got a set of humbucker-sized P90's from Roadhouse Pickups that I have been absolutely in love with. I play that guitar more than anything else and I definitely play electric guitar more hours a week since I got them.
Since you're new, you should know that Ken @ Roadhouse Pickups is a member here on the forum. He's also a great guy, and he winds everything custom to your specs. I'd highly recommend talking to him before you make a decision on what pickups to go with. http://roadhousepickups.com/

@ Mayflown

well, they'll probably do it. Up to now I have asked Spike some questions (through e-mail) and he was really helpful. Maybe I can ask him about that.

@ hannaugh

Masked binding, I haven't seen that "option" yet. Did they do that type of binding on any of your Warmoth builds?
Actually yesterday I went to a music store and tried out a regular Tele (-body). It felt really cool, even though it didn't have any contours. Due to my extra pound, I was so lucky to not feel the guitar on my rib section. But I'll still think about the contour issue.

@ StubHead

Thanks a lot for offering me the 165.000 hits on HB's, you really try.  :tard: :eek:ccasion14:
I will try to check at least some of those options..... :icon_biggrin:
You really try to help as well, or are you just trying to tease me here.........

@ Cagey

Yeah, I know -descriptions- people wanna sell their stuffs. But something got me somehow hooked. I'll still check out the "roadhouse guy".

@dNA

I'll definitly check Ken out and maybe start discussing with him a little...... Hope I will be able to pay for the PU's then, though.

Bye  JULIA

Masked binding is a standard option.  It's cool looking and it's a lot cheaper than regular binding.

pt1902E.jpg

pt1902A.jpg

pt1902D.jpg

@ hannaugh

Thanks for your many inputs on my mailed posts.
That does look sweet, but I've never seen the option for masked binding - at least not for the Tele Deluxe.
I like the pickguard..... is it white pearl?

Bye JULIA

Yup, white pearl.  I personally like the vintage pearl.  And again, just call them on the masked binding.  I'm sure they will do it for you if you call in  your order.

Hi hannaugh,

has this particular Tele body all the contours?  Did you get binding on the bottom as well?

Yep, I'll probably call in to make the orders.....
Did you check my other threads in the hardware section?

As well, some questions still need to be answered.......

Bye  JULIA

Back