My Soloist is finished.

mrpinter

I love it. All black (including the hardware and the back of the neck), single neck Humbucker (Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon), Sperzel tuners. Very lightweight and ergonomically perfect. For strings I'm using a hybrid set of Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Bebops (round wound, round core nickel strings: .010, .014, .018, .026, .034, .047).

Soloistfrontshot.jpg

Soloistfromback.jpg

Soloistheadstockampneck.jpg

That soloist is a real looker  :glasses9: However, I am definitely bias because I love black guitars...
How do those jazz strings differ in in feel and/or sound from a standard string?
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

The Thomastik jazz strings are different from other guitar strings in both feel and sound. The feel is smoother, and they are quieter than regular strings of similar gauge (less finger squeak). This is due to the smaller wrap wire than usual. The tone can perhaps best be described as "piano-like", very clear and musical - a fuller, "rounder" sound than a regular string. There is also less of a transition between the wound strings and the plain steels. They are just more musical overall than run of the mill electric strings.

Are you allowed to play happy songs on it?  :eek: will it spit blood... shoot sparks?  :hello2: That black on the pau ferro is, way, way fine. Dangerous.... I'm going to have "special needs" for just ONE MO' "Warhead" something-on-something neck eventually here; "special needs" in that  I think I've pretty much shot my music wad for what's left of the year.  One might need to eat food, mightn't one, my car is presenting an increasingly-tumescent throb of those "I'm hungry and I'm lonely and I can smell your bank account" symptoms, etc. :dontknow: But I love me my pau... :headbang1:

Two springs? Is it wobbly, or just dive only?

You forgot one of the pickups. The springs are in the wrong way too.
The body & paint are very nice though.

Back