My other bass

willyk

I actually built this before the lacewood/alder right hander (just out of the box). It was originally finished in clear gloss but it didn't look right. The pickup stuffed up a few weeks ago so I decided to demolish the whole thing and start over. I got as far as sanding off the gloss then went mad with a rag soaked in black stained grain filler. After sanding off most of the black it started to look interesting so I sprayed it with satin clear. It's now back together again and looks older than me.........

Attachments

• rp0002a.JPG
    rp0002a.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 807
  • rp0007a.JPG
    rp0007a.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,167
Cool looking bass! I believe clear gloss finish is overdone in guitars, satin looks and feels as cool as gloss. I feel the same way about the body I purchased, if it was sprayed satin it would look so much older than me.

Kostas said:
Cool looking bass! I believe clear gloss finish is overdone in guitars, satin looks and feels as cool as gloss. I feel the same way about the body I purchased, if it was sprayed satin it would look so much older than me.

I think that body is going to look sensational as it is mate......do your next one satin!

Back