My next project (Mint chocolate tele)

crash

My next project.

One piece Pine body off Ebay.  Cut a tummy cut on the back then dyed it with Timbermate green and alcohol.

Rosewood pickguard off Ebay

Neck just arrived today from Warmoth.
Just ordered it about a week ago.  I'm shocked that it got here so quickly.
Rosewood on Rosewood
Boatneck profile  :glasses9:
SS6150 frets
Cut for an LSR nut

Yes, it is getting a Bigsby B5!

For pickups, I going with Bill Lawrence L-298TL tele bridge pickup and an L-609 2.4H neck pickup.  Need to cut out the shape for the neck pup on the pickguard.

Pinetelemockup_zpsa21c7959.jpg

Speaking of cutting, you're going to need to cut that bridge plate for string clearance coming from the Bigsby. There's an old thread here where another member put one together that looks like this...

mytele1l.jpg

You can see where he had to notch the lip at the rear of that bridge plate.

DangerousR6 said:
That big knot right above the bridge is just begging for a moon graphic from Greg..
Pinetele_zps38645212.jpg

Love that idea Doug!

Notching the bridge won't be much of a problem.  I have a ton of small router bits that I will use on my drill press, then put the bridge in the drill press vice and move the vice with handles to make the notches.

crash said:
My next project.

One piece Pine body off Ebay.  Cut a tummy cut on the back then dyed it with Timbermate green and alcohol.

Rosewood pickguard off Ebay

Neck just arrived today from Warmoth.
Just ordered it about a week ago.  I'm shocked that it got here so quickly.
Rosewood on Rosewood
Boatneck profile  :glasses9:
SS6150 frets
Cut for an LSR nut

Yes, it is getting a Bigsby B5!

For pickups, I going with Bill Lawrence L-298TL tele bridge pickup and an L-609 2.4H neck pickup.  Need to cut out the shape for the neck pup on the pickguard.

Pinetelemockup_zpsa21c7959.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous.

Back