My New Project

allium_sativum

I am know as Orange Bill, I collect orange things.  I got a lot of e-mails from friends about the Neon Vermilion Strat body in the Warmoth Showcase and well...  

It is one of the brightest orange guitars I have ever seen :headbang1:  So here are some just out of the box pics.  

The Body:
IMG_0271.JPG

Test fit of the NECK:
IMG_0276.JPG

I also always wanted to order a Hollow LP or LPS with a quilted maple top, Burst the looked like fire, with black binding.   So I ended up with this from the Showcase (the Neck will have to be bought when I have more money)
IMG_0275.JPG

Go Loud or go home!!!!

Hey Orange Bill,  as soon as I read your post, it reminded me of that internet car commercial where one guys wife is asking her husband " who's gonna  buy your lime green hatchback" that he is posting for sale online
then it switches to the guys in his living room full of lime green stuff, surfing the net, and finds the lime green hatchback for sale. oh my god, a lime green hatchback, I hope they still got it..

We wanna see finnished pics,  Looks good so far

I have a friend that jokes that I am the inspiration for that commercial, but they used green instead of orange so I would not sue.  LOL

dang that LP looks awesome.. I"ve never been big on binding but then again i've never seen black binding on a guitar like that before, thats killer!

what color is the back?

You have a couple of killers there!  :icon_thumright:  That Strat is THE brightest orange paint job I've ever seen! Looks like it found the right home!

That LP is gorgeous!!!! I envision an ebony board on mahogany or flamed maple neck with MOP inlays (although abalone would make a nice complimentary opposite to the orange).

btw, nice to meet another orange fan  :headbang: Here's a little eye candy for you Bill... http://www.u9x.net/gallery/viewgallery.php?g=project_orange. sorry, though... she's not for sale  :laughing11:

Volitions Advocate said:
dang that LP looks awesome.. I"ve never been big on binding but then again i've never seen black binding on a guitar like that before, thats killer!

what color is the back?

The back is transparent red.  Has a very classic looking. 

Orange make me thing in Netherlands... Who let me think in gorgeous tall blondes with nice body skills... who make me thing in throw everything away and try to live there... better stop thinking and DON'T buy a orange guitar! :icon_biggrin:

Orange Bill those two bodies are way cool. :laughing11: You could take one of them deer hunting with you. Just sit down under a tree and start playing it should attract them since deer are very curious about the sounds in their territory although an acoustic would be better. :laughing8:

:guitarplayer2:

u9 said:
That LP is gorgeous!!!! I envision an ebony board on mahogany or flamed maple neck with MOP inlays (although abalone would make a nice complimentary opposite to the orange).

btw, nice to meet another orange fan  :headbang: Here's a little eye candy for you Bill... http://www.u9x.net/gallery/viewgallery.php?g=project_orange. sorry, though... she's not for sale  :laughing11:

That is a very nice orange guitar.  It would fit well in my with my other guitars, but I am at 12 guitars before the two bodies I just got.

A few years ago there was a neck in the Showcase that had a Cocobolo fret board, with cross inlays, the only reason I did not buy it was it was left handed.  That is what I realy want, I was very surprised to see it because Warmoth did not work with Cocobolo even then.  As that is not an option, I will likely get a figured rosewood fret board with cross inlays on a mahogany neck.  

That orange superstrat looks like it will be one killer guitar.  :headbang1:

Hey there Orange Bill!

Great guitars you have there.. I just completed an orange strat myself.. No Warmoth this time, just refinished some old Japanese Strat parts and stuff that I had lying around. Anyway, I finished it with 'Azo Orange' from Woodburst and lots of coats of Tru Oil.
I went for orange because of my Dutch Roots!!  :icon_biggrin:
jccaster004.jpg

jccaster002.jpg

Not to steal Orange Bill's thunder, but that is a cool finish m4rk0. What exactly is this Woodburst you're talking about? The finish looks like the perfect spot between shiny finish and a matte. I'm looking to paint a guitar green with that kind of style.

Back