My New Pinecaster

blimpo

Finished it a few weeks ago and it really is fun to play. Very lively.

It has a pine body finished in vintage amber dye with a truoil finish.

The neck is a one piece Warmoth boatneck maple finished with the same vintage amber dye and nitro.
I lightly reliced it to give it that "played in feel".
Keystone pickups and Glendale bridge plate and saddles.
Here it is:
DSC00438.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

very nice...looks good.  the only thing that would worry me is the soft nature of pine...easy to ding...

That's gotta be as close to a "perfect" oldie as can be. I'm a modern sort of Tele heathen - in the places I play, hum-canceling pickups aren't a option, try telling a bar owner he has to turn off his buzzy beer neons cause it "upsets my guitar, man".... :sad1: Still, I'll bet it can sound great. Lawrence pickups are ridiculous - people with a box full of pop-culture/hype-marketed pickups get irritated when they play my guitars with the $50 pickups, because they sound as good as the $150 ones, if you can play. Did you cut the body?

Great looks! However being from a country that is cursed with a great love for pine, used for everything (preferably clear coated - ever looked through an IKEA catalog?), it's not a natural go-to look for me. But it does look really good :)

I like it a lot, too!!
very natural...
it does look like you need some chrome tuners though ;)

I'm not a tele guy, but that looks great!
I like that the body is unique, and the wear on the neck.

same question, did you make the body? If so, you de man!

:kewlpics:

Nah, I bought the body.

The big fat Warmoth boatneck really helps the tone.

I wanted chrome tuners, but I had a set of black and wanted to keep costs down. Maybe later though.

No, just the saddles and bridge plate are Glendales.

I bought the body from a guy making them on another forum.

The neck is a warmoth.

Back